• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt foam pad - how to clean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt foam pad - how to clean?

Hey

What is the best way to clean the foam pad that comes with the NXT wax??

Hey,

I use a little Dawn dishwashing liquid. Lather it up and rinse until it's clean.

Hey.

Comment

I think you will find it a little difficult to clean because the polymers used in the NXT formula are water and detergent resistant. Not that it cannot be done, but compare washing out a pad that you have used NXT Tech Wax with to a pad you have used a paint cleaner with and decide for yourself, which one resists cleaning best.

Post back here what you experience.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree that it is hard to wash with detergent - which is why I asked!

Are you suggesting that I should wash it with paint cleaner? If not, what SHOULD I use?

Comment

IMHO the applicator pads are inexpensive enough to replace, rather than spending the time trying to clean them. I think Wal-Mart sells them for something like $1.67/pair. Plus, you get one free with your next bottle of NXT.

Comment

ya....i loaded up once i found em at walmart (2 for 1.67)

Comment

I agree with cydewaze

Comment

Unfortunately, they are NOT easy to find in Canada. I was lucky to find the wax!

I haven't been able to find a suitable applicator pad at (for hand application) at any local retail store. *sigh*

I hate importing from the states, because duty and brokerage is killer.

Comment

what about running the applicator pads through the washing machine?

i know i've done that with cloth ones (haven't tried with foam applicators yet)

Comment

I've run them through the washing machine with my other towels used to clean off polishes and waxes (not the towels I use for engine, wheel well and tire/wheel detailing!) They come out clean and looking great!

I just picked up a couple of 2-packs of the applicator pads at wallyworld today! They can be used to apply products to vinyl, leather, trim, tires, etc.

(Spin off the OJ commercial)
                    Foam applicator pads. They're not just for wax anymore!
                    A great finish begins with the right start!

Comment

Hey,

I can relate to Mike's comments regarding NXT being detergent resistant! Even Dawn does not remove NXT from the applicator pads that easliy. I usually have to wash them 2-3 times!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I washed mine in the washing machine last week and while they cleaned up a little bit, they still have a significant amount of product left on them. They are still a bit oily to the touch.

Comment

Ok, I have found that the best way to wash them is to first squeeze out all of the extra product by folding up the pad as small as possible and then squeezing/kneading the pad to force the extra wax out. When this is completed, I soak the pad in hot water and dishsoap for a few minutes, then it actually rinses fairly clean.

Comment

That's about the best way to clean them.

Squeeze out as much excess product as you can by hand. A variation of this is to wrap the applicator in a paper towel after the first squeeze and use th paper towel to help trap the excess after you have squeezed it out so it doesn't escape back into the pad.

Then use warm water and detergent soap to do your best to loosen and flush any remaining product from the foam pad.

Then air dry, or through them in with your microfibers and wash in hot water. Tumble dry or air dry.

Mike
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

xappie

How are you managing to pay duty

Ever heard of NAFTA? Goods originating in the U.S. and imported for personal use are considered casual goods and therefore are duty-free.

If you're being charged duty, somebody's screwing up, or screwing with you. Check whoever is the shipper, if they're the ones taking the duty charge, or complain to the Canadian Border Services Agency if they're the ones assessing the duty.

BTW, Canadian Tire carries a pretty good selection of foam and microfibre applicators Check their website.

Good luck
                              "The reason men call cars 'she' is so they have one female they can claim to understand"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');