• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you clean and protect a satin black finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can you clean and protect a satin black finish?

Those wheels are awesome!

Comment

I've actually got an older picture of your car, STG, from where it was parked in front of a raceway (I think). Those wheels have been high on my shopping list for quite some time.
      2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
      2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

As mentioned above, the shaker hood scoop is a CDC Shaker Hood Scoop and is an aftermarket item. Contrary to what was later inferred, the CDC Shaker is a real and fully functioning scoop. Also shown in that picture are FRPP Hood Pins and a CDC Classic Chin Spoiler. The rear is also customized with similar late 60's muscle car styling. There are lots of new S197 Mustangs painted with dual Lemans stripes that start at the lower front valence and go all the way back to the lower rear valence. I wanted something different so I decided to continue with the retro theme of the S197 car but went in another direction.

I am in the camp that believes people should mod their car anyway they like, but not badge or advertise it as something it is not. I cringe when I see a stock Chevelle badged as an SS, a Dodge Dakota badged as a HEMI, a V6 Mustang badged as a Cobra, etc, etc, etc. In my case, I have a 2006 Mustang GT with aftermarket parts and a '69 Mach/Boss style hood stripe. The stock GT emblems are on the fenders and rear trunk lid of my car and will stay there. I have not nor will I refer to, badge or advertise the car as a Mach I, Boss 302, etc. That's why you see in each of my posts I have called the hood stripe on my car a Mach/Boss style stripe. It is simply a late model car that looks like a 60's muscle car.

Some on other forums say since there are no Mach Is or Bosses for 2005/2006/2007 that it is okay to badge them that way; I disagree. I believe limited edition cars are special and have earned exclusivity. There may be unscrupulous people down the road that may try to pass off and sell customized S197 cars as factory special edition models. As was also later mentioned above, there are no Machs or Bosses in this model run. This will prevent confusion and help to eliminate fraud with knowledgeable buyers in the future. Future Shelby GT500 buyers will not be as lucky.

I remember back in late 2002 when Ford traveled around the country with a mini-show that featured a couple different models including a concept '40s style coupe, the concept Mach I, and the production retro TBird. I had not been a fan of the Mustang for several years but I was intrigued by the concept Mach I. I liked the new retro seats and gauges, and was pleased to see that the modest performance additions did not raise the MSRP a significant amount. I thought the new direction was good but not enough to trade in my (genuine) WS6 Trans AM to get one.

I think Ford hit a home run with the S197 Mustang, so I traded in my WS6 to get one. While the WS6 was superior in performance, I was attracted to the great combination of the complete interior and exterior retro design and respectable performance. The '05 GT was in high demand so I waited 2 years for any bugs to be worked out, dealer premiums to subside, and hoped that a Mach or Boss would be officially offered. The Shelby GT500 is here, but late word is that a Boss/Mach will not come until 2010.

Thanks again for the help. And thanks for the nicely done compliment Tungsten, I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogerf View Post
          Thanks again for the help. And thanks for the nicely done compliment Tungsten, I appreciate it!
          Your car certainly deserves the praise. I like the combination of the shaker hood and the Mach stripe on the S197 car. Had Ford seen fit to produce an '06/07 Mach, I might have given thought to trading my car off for one. Maybe Ford will go ahead and produce the Boss like the rumors keep suggesting they will.

There's no doubt that the S197 is far superior to the SN95 in fit, finish and ride quality and the styling is really starting to grow on me.

Do you have any more pictures of your car showing the entire vehicle?
          2004 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew 6.0L Diesel - Black
          2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Dark Shadow Gray

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');