• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nissan Altima Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Altima Questions

Hi guys and gals,

Im new around here, but am finding this place to be a virtual gold mine of knowledge and am enjoying it thoroughly. Im also new to detailing on any level above washing and waxing by hand. I have ordered a PC and Rotary (for later when I feel up to it) and have ordered Mikes video about the PC.

With that being said, I would like to get some input about what is going to be my first major detailing make over, its my 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5SE in Super Black. The paint has lots of etching from water drops on the usuall spots, the roof, the hood and the trunk. The bumper is the worst part with lots of etching from bug guts and water, along with pitting from road debris and some chips from rocks, Im not sure what results I can get on that piece but the rest looks relatively easy to repair when I am armed with some of Mikes knowledge of the PC system.

My real questions that Im here to find help with are the following:

What type of paint does the Nissan Altima have? Is there any considerations that I should have, such as with a Miata?

What products do you recommend I utilize with this project in order to get the best results using my PC polisher?

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can offer.

-Matt
    2006 Jeep Wrangler X

Re: Nissan Altima Questions

to know what kind of paint, grab an applicator or white terry cloth towel an pour some paint cleaner on it. if it starts to turn black, your paint is single stage and if it doesn't, you have a clear coat.

since it's a 2002, you can expect the clear to be kinda hard, so some light to moderate scratches can be tough to remove.

paint chipping cannot be repaired unless you repaint the panel or do some paint touch-ups which is better.

here's a guide to remove water spots made by Mike (and a very good one)

I'm not familiar with the PC since i've never used it :P but hope to get one soon. however if the paint condition is good in general, try these products

ScratchX/DC-1 for paint cleaning
    DC-2 for paint polishing
    Any wax, even though NXT is the best for gloss and depth

If you want to give a try to the professional line, you could use the following

M80(speed glaze) for paint cleaning
    M82(swirl free polish) for a little more paint cleaning to remove those swirls a little bit more and start to create gloss
    Showcar glaze which gives waaay good results
    use M21(synthetic sealant) as an LSP (last step product)

the difference comes in the bill :P but it all depends on how much you're willing to spend. however, both suggestions should give you good results.

Hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Recommended Products - G100a Dual Action Polisher

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Nissan clear is generally "soft" and will be further so with their new clear coat which is "flexible". Your car will come out nice, trust me!
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
        2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');