• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clay bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clay bar

is it best to clay bar before paint polish right after washing or after ?

Re: clay bar

depends. if it is an oxidized single stage paint, i would use the paint cleaner first. on a modern car i would clay after washing while the cars still wet

then wash the car againg after to make sure you dont have any streaks (optional)
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Wash, dry, paint cleaner, Clay, Polish, Wax. Would be my choice of steps.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by MotorcycleDetailing View Post
        Wash, dry, paint cleaner, Clay, Polish, Wax. Would be my choice of steps.

Trev
        You may want to switch the paint cleaning and the clay bar steps. You dont want to work above surface contaminates in to the paints surface.
        You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Thanks max will do

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusZTS View Post
            You may want to switch the paint cleaning and the clay bar steps. You dont want to work above surface contaminates in to the paints surface.

Prep the surface with the clay bar after your wash. Then all your paint cleaning, polish and wax will bond really good to the paint.
            2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');