• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will #82 SFP efficiently remove the haze from #83 DACP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will #82 SFP efficiently remove the haze from #83 DACP?

I am out of #80.
    So instead of finishing with #80, can i finish with #82?

I only use #82 to do light polishing now and then, spot treatments if you will. Ive never used it to remove haze from #83 before.
    I cant exaclty do a test spot becuase if it dont work im in trouble.

Re: Will #82 SFP efficiently remove the haze from #83 DACP?

You never know what you can do until you try

You really don't know what you can do until you try, besides your choice of product, other factors that determine how effective a product is, or isn't,

Paint hardness or softness
    Application material
    Application process, (Hand, D.A., RB)
    Skill level of the person applying

Give it a try using a W-8006 on the 5.0 setting working a section about 2 foot squared or smaller and see what you can do.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well, if you have good luck, and the paint is soft, maybe.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Im scared to try it though.
        My PBE store dont carry #80 so i would have to order it.
        So if i did a test spot and it didnt work that spot will look like hell until the #80 comes in.
        I think its strange they dont carry #80, they have #83 and #82, if ya carried those 2 you would think you would carry #80.

Comment

I don't understand how you're going to be in trouble if you do a test spot? If you've finished up with #83 and now need an additional polishing step, even if the #82 doesn't get all the remaining marring out it's still going to look a load better than stopping at #83, isn't it?

Or have I totally missed something here?

Ben

Comment

Well yes it *should* look better than stopping at #83.
            Im worried it wont remove any of it is the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BenP View Post
              If you've finished up with #83 and now need an additional polishing step, even if the #82 doesn't get all the remaining marring out it's still going to look a load better than stopping at #83, isn't it?
              Sounds right.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hey Coupe there's nothing to be worried about, try it and see what happens I recon it will work well maybe not aswell as #80 but I think it will be an improvement on the finish left by #83

Bryan

Comment

#82 has never failed (for me) to remove any light marring I may get from #83. #82 has a slightly brighter and more reflective finish to #80's deeper wetness if that makes a difference to you.
                  Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Way old Scott.
                    I did try it and it worked out great!
                    I think i would have gotten better results (in my eyes) with #80.

Comment

I always wondered why no one suggests #82, but IMO again IMO its the best one step they have as for as mild cleaners go, I too have never failed to have success with this. i know its a old thread but #82 dont get enough love on here
                      Noswirler

Comment

Originally posted by noswirler View Post
                        I always wondered why no one suggests #82, but IMO again IMO its the best one step they have as for as mild cleaners go, I too have never failed to have success with this. i know its a old thread but #82 dont get enough love on here

I LOVE 82, on my black 03 Grand Prix, I have trouble with 80 hazing and the paint mars easily. 82 with a finishing pad makes it darker and removes any hazing 80 leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                          I LOVE 82, on my black 03 Grand Prix, I have trouble with 80 hazing and the paint mars easily. 82 with a finishing pad makes it darker and removes any hazing 80 leaves.
                          This is a good example of why it's important to have more than just one or two products in your arsenal, different paints will react differently to different products and even processes. By having a selection of products on hand you can test to find out which products are producing the best results.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I always have #83, #80 and #82 on hand at all times. This time i just happened to not have enough #80 left to finish the job.

My 99 Grand Am GT is a perfect example. No matter what i did i couldnt get #80 to finish down micro marring free. #82 saved my butt.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');