• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black 2003 Cprvette Z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black 2003 Cprvette Z06

This Vette' almost ended me. It was the most difficult paint I have ever worked on. It was really hard but also liked to mar up very easy. It had really deep rotary swirls and hollograms from the used car lot I assume. Here was my process:
    Gold Class wash with Chenille mit, Wheel Brightner on wheels, APC on tires and fender wells, Safe D-Greaser and Hyper dressing in engine bay.
    Mild clay with Quick Detailer for lube
    #83 via 8006 pad and rotary
    #80 via 8006 pad and rotary X 2
    #80 via 8006 pad and DA
    #9 via 8006 pad and DA
    NXT via 9006 pad and DA X2

Not a ton of pics as it took me about 16 hours and two days so the owner took the afters the next day. I wasn't able to get it to 100%. More like 90%-95%. But considering where it started I was happy and the owner was thrilled.

EDIT: Just realized I spelled "Corvette" wrong in the title....Guess I am pretty tired!

Here is the trunk lid before. You can see the deep swirls, hollograms and water etching:

And a before shot of the side. Some pretty good swirls going on for sure!

And here is an after of the trunk:

And finally an after of the side:

Any comments welcome.
    Jason

Re: Black 2003 Cprvette Z06

Nice work!

Another happy Corvette.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I spent a good half hour going over washing technique and even gave him a brand new Chenille mit to use. So hopefully next time I see the car it will be a little quicker/easier to deal with! And thanks!
      Jason

Comment

Good job!
        Never done a Vette. Have heard they have real hard paint.
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc View Post
          Good job!
          Never done a Vette. Have heard they have real hard paint.
          It wasn't just that it was hard. But it also marrred way easy. That's what made it tricky. But it was fun and a really good challange so I still enjoyed it.
          Jason

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');