• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cure Time ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure Time ???

How long does it take for Color X and NXT to "cure". And does it really "cure" ??? When painting cars my father in law tell his customers to wait for about 6 weeks before waxing to let the paint "gas out". Is this a similar process?

Re: Cure Time ???

it doesn't "cure" in the same sense that paint does. While I really don't know any of the technical aspects of painting and paint cure times, it's a different animal than letting a wax or sealant haze over. That is what is meant with the waxes. When a wax or sealant passes the finger-swipe test, you know it's safe to remove. The top most layer of the wax or sealant will dry, usually to a haze (although this does vary with different waxes), which iindicates that it is safe to remove your product without wiping ALL of it off. There will be a thin layer left behind.

To perform the finger-swipe test, simply give the wax a light pass with your index finger (clean of course). If the haze wipes off cleanly and easily, then you're ready to remove it. If it doesn't wipe off easily, then you may have applied too much product. If it smears when you swipe your finger over, it's not ready to remove.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Seems like I've read 12-24 hours on the NXT. Never heard a cure time for ColorX...

Comment

The wax has hazed and passed the swipe test. How long should I wait before applying another coat of NXT? And after the final coat of wax how long should I wait before I dare to take it out of the garage ??? It might rain tonight while at work and will be parked outside. Maybe I should take my wife's car to work. But I might make her upsett if I tell her I'm gonna take her car to work so I won't get mine dirty.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Bump ?

Comment

Well, it is nice to wait 20 min to 30 min between coats. 12 hours is always for best looks, but once it has passed the swipe test, it is not as if rain is going to wash the wax all off.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i once let my coat of NXT sit overnight, and didn't really see any different result than the usual 20-35 minutes depending on weather and the simple swipe test.

Comment

I never see a huge difference... but some folks swear they do...
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr maybe its our eyes. but last tiem i checked i have 20/20 and i know i have good eye sight.

i barely noticed a difference. maybe those that do, don't leave it on long enough when they don't let it sit over night. just speculating here.

who knows. it could be me though that just doesn't notice it.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');