• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep scratch in plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep scratch in plastic

I got my truck with a deep scratch in the lower body molding. It’s about 1/16”-1/32” deep, thru the paint into the plastic. You know when you bend or break plastic it turns white, I’m thinking that I could wet sand the plastic just to get rid of the white plastic on the surface. The plastic seems to be solid black. I know this won’t give me perfect results but I’m hoping that it will look better. I have 2500 & 1500 grit sand paper; maybe do some touch up with Scratch X.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've learned a ton here so far, thanks to everyone for posting such great info.
    Scott

Re: Deep scratch in plastic

Cant wait to see how the final result will turn out. goodluck
    Yusri Omar
    Perfectshine Detail

Comment

Re: Deep scratch in plastic

Well, I did not have any luck fixing this last fall. So I am going to try again this spring. I tried to sand off the white, with no luck. Maybe this is just one of those things I need to take to a body shop. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks in advance!
      Scott

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');