• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1997 Granada Black Pearl Honda Civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Granada Black Pearl Honda Civic

I recently detailed my dad's 1997 Granada Black Pearl Honda Civic. He purchased this car brand new. It has always been dealer maintained and it runs like new. However the paint was beginning to show signs of wear and tear especially considering this car has been driven in Canadian winters in salt and snow.

Here is my process:

Wash with NXT
    Clay
    #80 Speed Glaze on W-8006 pad applied with Rotary
    #21 Synthetic Sealant (2 coats, applied by hand)

I would like to mention that I attempted a test spot with my PC 7424 and it did not remove any swirls at all. I still have yet to find any car that has paint soft enough that can be polished with the PC.

There were some deeper isolated defects which I wetsanded with Meguiar's 2500 Unigrit paper and I removed the wetsanding scratches with #84 Compound Power Cleaner and a W-7006 Foam Cutting Pad, however this didn't improve the look too much so I decided to leave them as is since this is a daily driven car. Regardless of the deeper isolated scratches, I am fairly satisfied of the results.

On to the pics...

Before:

As you can see there were lots of cobweb scratches and swirls all over the finish.

After:

There were some deeper scratches that I was not able to remove, so it's not perfect, however I am happy that I was able to make it look much better than before and bring out the maximum potential of the finish. My mom and dad have always been great and have always supported me so I think the best feeling of all was being able to give something back to them.
    '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Re: 1997 Granada Black Pearl Honda Civic

Nice detail! Lovely reflections.
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

Re: 1997 Granada Black Pearl Honda Civic

Great job! What a difference some TLC with the right products and technique can make to a car's paint.
      2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');