• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexan Motorcycle Windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexan Motorcycle Windshield

Hi, I did a dumb thing and applied RainX to the Lexan windshield of my bike without reading the instructions. I've tried several household cleaners, Windex, Oxyclean, soap and water, but nothing seems to get the film off the windshield. Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

The question is,

Is the result of your applying RainX a topical stain that can be removed?

or

Is the result of your applying RainX a mechanically disfigured piece of Lexan because something in the RainX product chemically reacted with the Lexan, (or the coating on the Lexan), in such a way that no product will undo the damage.

The fastest, easiest test would be to obtain some Meguiar's M17 Plastic Cleaner, shake well, apply a little to a soft clean foam applicator pad and gently apply the product to the peice of Lexan and after applying the product, (without letting the M17 dry), remove the excess M17 Plastic Cleaner using a clean, dry microfiber polishing cloth.

Now inspect. Is the area you applied the product to back to its original condition? Or is there little or no change.

If our M17 Plastic Cleaner removed the staining effect then continue to treat the rest of the Lexan. If there is little or no difference, then contact your Motorcycle dealership about a replacement.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you for your immediate answer. The Rainx left a very thin spotty film on the windshield that makes it look dirty. I can see through it but would like it to be crystal clear again.

Thank you for the Scripture at the end of your note, I have so many favorites but lately it's been

Blessed are those that have not seen and yet believe. John 20:29

Peace

Comment

Re: Lexan Motorcycle Windshield

I tried the products you recommended to get the RainX off my Lexan windshield but with NO success, so it looks like this error on my part will cost mega bucks, expensive lesson. Listen kids always read the instructions carefully before using any product. Thanks for your help Peace ... an older but wiser biker.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');