• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bird poop on clean car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird poop on clean car

how do I clean this off w/out rewashing the car? If I just use a damp cloth, will it scratch the paint?

You can use an ample amount of quick detailer spray, such as Meguiars Quik Detailer, Nxt Speed Detailer, or any of the other professional and detailer line products. Use a good microfiber cloth, and make sure the surface is cool.

Also, jmo, if it was my vehicle, I would just re-wash it.

Comment

I usually just wipe it off with a damp cloth. Im not going to wash the entire jeep just b/c bird poo is on the hood.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

I normally use #34 Final Inspection to remove bird poop, however as mentioned previously Quick Detailer should also do the job. My honest opinion is that washing the whole car is overkill, however it's up to you.
        '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Re: Bird poop on clean car

As long as the paint is cool, soak a cloth in water and then just lay it on the spot for a few minutes. This will allow the water to soften it up. Then just use your detailer spray and a microfiber and poop-be-gone. Done right, you get a nice clean car again with no fear of scratching.
          1968 Mustang Coupe Candy Apple Red
          1990 Limited Editon Mustang 5.0 Convertible (7UP Car)

Comment

I think it depends on how big the bird bomb is. For small/flat ones, I think soaking it and removing with QD/MF is fine. But there's a lot of "stuff" in some bird bombs, like plant seeds, cherry pips (is that what it's called?), and the gravel sized stones that some birds eat to aid digestion, which will all tend to scratch the paint. So for big bird bombs I prefer to rinse them off, and wash the car aftewards.
            "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
            - Back To The Future

Comment

I live in a heavily wooded area, but stay parked under carport when at home. At work, I'm out in the open. Amazingly, I've had poo land on car only once since purchased 4 months ago!!!!

I found QD (totally saturated area) and a MF worked great (wiped gently after "blotting" most of it up first). I washed the car the day before and wasn't about to do it again!

Comment

I agree with everyone else,about using plenty of QD,soft towell,but you need to try and look at the 'type' of bird poo,because some droppings will contain grit/gravel,as birds use this to aid digestion,so be very carefull of wipping anything without inspecting it first.FWIW,my father gave me a good tip,many years ago about how to neutralise the acid content in bird droppings,quickly whilst still fresh,which was to 'spit on them' yes your own saliva would work to minimize acid etching.This was from the 'old days' with mainly solid colour paints (single stage).

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');