• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glue On Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue On Paint

I just bought my lightning last week from an old man who thought it would be cool to put cobra emblems on the fenders and the tailgate. He also had little metel flame decals on the rear bumper. I took all of them off but 2 out of the 3 emblems and the flames left a nasty glue that is VERY VERY hard and will not come off!!! My friend thinks its 3M emblem glue or something but what ever it is I can not get it off to save my life. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I could do. Goo gone or goof off does nothing. Im afraid that I will have to sand off the glue its that bad. Thanks
    95 Mustang-Vorteched
    02 WRX-Exhaust,other bolt ons
    01 Lightning-Pulley,Filter,Throttle Body,Tune

Goof off did nothing? How did you apply it? Did you soak the area with Goof off on a rag?

Comment

Sure did, Im telling you this stuff means business. Picture super glue in the shape of a cobra on my fender. I cant even scrape off any.
      95 Mustang-Vorteched

Comment

Is there anyway you can find out what type of adhesive is used on the back of those emblems? That way you can pin point your search to removers that specialize in attacking that specific adhesive.

Comment

Im about 90% sure that this guy put another kind of adhesive behind the factory stuff. Ive took a ton of ford emblems off and this glue is never used.
          95 Mustang-Vorteched

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');