• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to buff out the sand marks on Touchup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to buff out the sand marks on Touchup?

Hi all,
    I need some advice, I just detailed my mother in laws Old's 98, which usually sits in her garage. She stores boxes and such on the hood and it was scratched up pretty bad. Anyways, on the front passenger side something had dripped on the fender and it ate the paint off, a small area probably 2"x1", too big to fix with brush on, so I filled in the area with putty, wet sanded smooth and primed and am ready to paint it. I was lucky to find some Dupli-Color that's a match in a spray on. My question is this, at what point now do I buff out the sanding marks, after I paint and before I spray on the clear, or after the clear, or after both?

I tried to upload pics of this, but the site won't let me.

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated as I am working on this right now.

Tom

Re: When to buff out the sand marks on Touchup?

Originally posted by Tom Weed

I tried to upload pics of this, but the site won't let me.

Thanks, any advice would be appreciated as I am working on this right now.

Tom
    I have to leave for jury duty today, but real quick... any photos you want to upload, the file name as to look like this,

thepicturesIwantoupload.jpg (note there are no spaces)

not this,

the picture I want to upload.jpg

Microsoft Windows will recognize photos if there are spaces in the file name, but vBulletin and PhotoPost will not. This is one of the most common mistakes that cause problems with uploading photos. Also too large of file size and weird characters like, # @ ! % ^ & * ~ etc.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,
      whenever you get back, and I know this is off topic but here's the message I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9152 bytes) in /d01/vbulletin/mol_upload/httpdocs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 81

The filename is "DSCN0670.JPG" the resoulton is 800x600 and the file size is 149 KB. I have uploaded quite a bit in the past, so I am familar with the process, just saw this today for the first time.

Have fun at Jury Duty!

Tom

Comment

Lunch break, I'm posting from Burgerking on my Sidekick III

E-mail me a sample picture you're having a problem with and when I get back behind a real computer I'll try to upload it and see what happens.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed
          Mike,
          whenever you get back, and I know this is off topic but here's the message I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9152 bytes) in /d01/vbulletin/mol_upload/httpdocs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 81

The filename is "DSCN0670.JPG" the resoulton is 800x600 and the file size is 149 KB. I have uploaded quite a bit in the past, so I am familar with the process, just saw this today for the first time.

Have fun at Jury Duty!

Tom
          Thats what I get too......
          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Woah...Mike you have a Sidekick 3!?

Awesome...!!

I have one too!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');