• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water spots on windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water spots on windows?

Ive been noticing that I have water spots all over my side windows after I wash it. I put rain-x on them about a year ago and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not? Ive heard of people using steel wool to remove them but I wanted some extra guidance before trying that. Thanks for any advice guys/gals!
    Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
    Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Give this a shot before you move on to steel wool.. It worked great for me!

Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

I do not have permission to access that page.
      Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

That makes two of us, I can't access it either.

Tom

Comment

Oh no, mike! The glass cleaning thread is down. Man I hope you guys get that one back up thats a really good thread.
          A realitycheck is a time in your life where you do a check of your heart. A time you check where your relationship with God is and where it's going. Then you make a decision as to where your going from here.

Comment

Check out this thread where I have some info and pics posted: spots
            1999 Ford Contour SVT
            Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
            1966/2760

Comment

Yeah but mike didnt they use this product in the glass cleaner thread,
              A realitycheck is a time in your life where you do a check of your heart. A time you check where your relationship with God is and where it's going. Then you make a decision as to where your going from here.

Comment

I believe that is the product that is mentioned in the other thread. I don't have that product and haven't used it. I was just demonstrating the results that can be obtained w/ the product that I used. If you already have #4 in your arsenal, then it couldn't hurt to try it!
                1999 Ford Contour SVT
                Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                1966/2760

Comment

I have personally used #4 on my cars windshields and I think it works great. I use old fashioned elbow grease and it takes quite a bit of work to get the film off my windshield but it does the job.

Comment

Re: Water spots on windows?

I use bar keepers friend liquid on waterspots on my windows it work really well.

Comment

Re: Water spots on windows?

Here is my results with #4 Heavy Cut Cleaner, 3" wool cut SoftBuff pad and a 3/8 drill plate on my girlfriend's 03' Focus. All the windows were this way and nothing worked until this. All that was mentioned above cost me under $30 from ADS, shipped. It took me a couple of hours to do all the windows, and I mean all of them. I had to tape off the rubber window trim so it wouldn't get damaged by the process. I am very please with the results. Can't go wrong with this guys.

What I used:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');