• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting wax/polish, etc off plastic trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: getting wax/polish, etc off plastic trim?

sorry i just got a question where do yall get these numbers for products from i look at the website and it doesn't say those numbers

Comment

Meguiars Online Acronyms - Product Links

If you work long enough with the products, you'll get to know most products by their number instead of their product name.

Originally posted by kausion View Post
      sorry i just got a question where do yall get these numbers for products from i look at the website and it doesn't say those numbers
      showroomglaze.net

Comment

I used Meguiar's purple tire dressing for all plastic parts - works great.

Jeff

Comment

After getting wax on the trim and reading this thread I tried some #40 and "BAM" it was gone and looks better then it did new!

Thanks,
          2000 Saleen S351 Speedster

Comment

with all honesty, i diddnt think this would work. mike said it would. vegetable oil. im not kidding.

tried the oil at home, and worked like crazy. i went out and bought a huge thing of it for like 2 bucks at the local grocery. it turned all my faded black trim, to like brand new. i went crazy with it, and did all the rubber in the doors, on the windows, the windshield wipers, etc. you name it, i covered it in vegetable oil. just not componants in the engine bay. i was smart enough to not do those.....yet.

i did remove the excess with a clean cloth. the cloth wasnt 100% terry or anythin special. gave the car a wash afterwards. the rubber still looks like new. looks like i picked up a new trick today.

and to my knowlage, doesnt remove wax. so i got up all the left over wax from my 1st ever wax job. all that wax came off. now all i have to do is really clean the wheel wells, and remove the wheels, to apply this vegetable oil. man its crazy.
            2001 Granite Sentra Se - Brought back to a brilliant shine via meguiars. took 6+ hours of work. i'm currently loving its' shine.

Comment

just don't get near a dirt raod. lol i tried peanut oil and it works great. put some on the trim with wax on it waited about 5 minutes then rubbed it with a mf towel an wax is gone.

Comment

#39 AND #40? Where can I get some?

Comment

#39 and #40? Where can I get them? Thanks

Comment

Rubbing alcohol works also. I just make sure I protect it right after with trim detailer. Also I have done the dawn dish soap diluted with a small tooth brush. Worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post
                      Question. If peanut butter or vegetable oil is used to clean fabric, how do you then remove the peanut butter or oil once the "stain" is dissolved.
                      I too would like to know as I am allergic to peanuts.

Comment

I could only think to try a regular carpet/fabric cleaner then, like the Quick Out or APC, etc.

As far as cleaning trim if you are allergic, just go with something like #39 or APC with a soft toothbrush, should clean it right up.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by chargersrt8S/C View Post
                          Sounds funny and weird but peanut butter or peanut oil is one of the easiest ways to remove wax from plastic or vinyl trim. Put some on a rag and scrub and wipe the area and it will look good as new.
                          Chunky or creamy ???
                          ---
                          Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

creamy, rub it in, let it sit for a few seconds, then wipe down, and wash to make sure you got rid of it
                            2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Has anyone tried KRUD CUTTER found at Home Depot in the paint dept. ??
                              I found this stuff disolves the wax residue and after wiping off the wax I tape off the plastic and re-apply NXT 2 and then #26 Yellow wax NO MO SMEARS

Comment

Originally posted by Lydia View Post
                                #40, a terry towel, and a little bit of "oomph" seems to do the trick for me

are u sure?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');