• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bra rub marks on paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bra rub marks on paint

Hello,

I just bought my 96' Beretta, Red, and I am only the second owner of her. The car was very well taken care of. I have one major cleaning problem though... The girl had put a bra on the car and took it off a few years ago but the bra left a "rub" mark on the paint. I am almost sure it is just on the surface but from what I am told the car is just one stage paint so I am afraid to really rub it hard... I tried Dawn soap, and Cleaner Wax.....
    What would take this off my next attempt was Quik Clay?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advanced!
    A Clean Car is a Happy Car!
    Xtreme Madness Car & Truck Club
    xtrememadness.proboards100.com

If you could post some photos,
    you'll probably get some good responses...
    Glen

Comment

Photos sure would help. I can already give you a little advice though. Don't use Dawn on your car; it will strip any wax from the paint. You should invest in some good car wash soap. At Advance Discount Auto Parts, a big bottle of Deep Crystal Car Wash soap is around $5, it's definately worth the price. It lasts a long time.

Also, it's ok to rub single stage paint fairly hard. Right now I am in the middle of a detail of a Celica with badly oxidized single stage paint and I am using ScratchX on it. It works great, and I would suggest ScratchX for your car. It would still be handy to see a picture of your car though. You should wash it, clay it, ScratchX it, and then put a layer of wax on is what I suggest.

Good luck with it!
      Lydia's Mobile Detailing
      Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
      2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

I owned a '93 Beretta and I'm pretty sure it was clear coated, as I don't recall pulling any pigment when I used a cleaner wax on it. It was the gray-green color and had the GTZ wheels on it, but was just the base 3.1 V6 car. That thing had some spunk and was fairly reliable up the the 87k when I sold it. Looked nice, too.

Anyway, I also had a bra on a car, a '91 Firebird Formula, when I bought it. I took it off because it looked stupid and was probably putting more scratches into the paint. I found some deeper scratches that I never got out, but most of it cleaned up with Scratch X.

The Scratch X helped get the embedded dirt out that was trapped by the bra, got out the smaller scratches, and helped the color match to where one couldn't tell that it had a bra on it before.
        "Do the job right, or don't do it!" - Dad

Comment

Re: bra rub marks on paint

Originally posted by 96retta
          Hello,

I just bought my 96' Beretta, Red, and I am only the second owner of her. The car was very well taken care of. I have one major cleaning problem though... The girl had put a bra on the car and took it off a few years ago but the bra left a "rub" mark on the paint. I am almost sure it is just on the surface but from what I am told the car is just one stage paint so I am afraid to really rub it hard... I tried Dawn soap, and Cleaner Wax.....
          What would take this off my next attempt was Quik Clay?
          Any suggestions would be appreciated!
          Thanks in advanced!
          Hello there 96retta! You could try some of Meguiar's ScratchX on it.

Comment

I do use the Deep Crystal Wash and the Gold Class Wash usually but I want to get her down to nothing with the wax before I waxed her....

I never thought of the ScratchX I use it all the time on my 91 retta that I show... i will go try that now....

Normally I wash clay then go from there with the waxes.... Thanks I will let you know how I made out!!!!
            A Clean Car is a Happy Car!
            Xtreme Madness Car & Truck Club
            xtrememadness.proboards100.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');