• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post here and my problematic Z06 Vette (black, of course)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first post here and my problematic Z06 Vette (black, of course)

Hey everyone, finally registered and decided to make my first about my problem. Here are the upclose and personal pics of my 2001 Z06 Vette. What you are looking at here is a work of a professional in Phoenix.

While I simply don't have the time to fix this (nor place/equipment), I am looking for any suggestions, whether it'd be a product(s), professionals in Phoenix, or anything else.

Alex
    My Z needs help....

Welcome! Visit the information station here!

Wash

Clay

M80 on a G100 with a Yellow pad.

Follow with some NXT on a tan pad.

Good to go!
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Your paint looks like it has rotary buffer swirls, also called holograms. Probably the best thing you can do is to send the detailer here to see this post and then perhaps they'll stick around long enough to learn how to work on automotive clear coat finishes the correct way. Note it could be that this detailer is doing their best, the problem is they don't have the education and training to know how to do the job right the first time.

Outside of that, if you really want to remove the swirls and restore a show car finish, then you're going to have to invest in a dual action polisher and learn to do it yourself.

Another option would be to find a professional detailer that knows what they're doing in your area and have then re-do the other detailer's work.

I'm sure we have some capable detailers/forum members in Arizona, which direction would you like to go?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Could you pm me or post the name of the person/company who did this so I can steer clear of them?
        1986 4Runner 4wd
        almost 200k miles
        the legacy lives on

Comment

Cathy, the Vette was done at the Danny's Family Car Wash on Scottsdale/North of Greenway. Run, don't hide.

Alex
          My Z needs help....

Comment

If you have it detailed by a professional again, make sure you ask a lot of questions first. Don't forget, it's your money and more importantly YOUR Z06. Ask them to polish the car with a DA as it shouldn't take a rotary to correct the problems you are having. The best solution is to buy a G100 and do it yourself. But if that's not an option because of time, money, or you just don't want to, then be prepared spend some time talking to your next detailer first. Armed with some knowledge from MOL you will be able to ask all the right questions. Good luck and I love Z06's by the way. I wish I could get down to buff it out for you!
            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by SrbijaAZSale
              Cathy, the Vette was done at the Danny's Family Car Wash on Scottsdale/North of Greenway. Run, don't hide.

Alex
              Thanks! I live out by PV Mall so that`s pretty close to me. Wish I could help but I don`t have a buffer.
              1986 4Runner 4wd
              almost 200k miles
              the legacy lives on

Comment

I'm posting a couple pictures of a Black Vette I did. This way, if the owner/detailer tells you that this is normal, you can refer them to this thread and show them that with the right tools/processes even a Corvette can be buffed out.

Before, you can see the paint is much worse then yours...

After rotary buffing (but before PC buffing). Not perfect, but getting much better..

Some sun, outside shots after the detail was finished...

Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Beautiful work on that last Vette.

Before we go any further, though, let's stop referring to the detailer of the original poster as a "professional". Let's just say "paid detailer".....
                  2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
                  2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
                  2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');