• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to prevent spin-off from tire gel AND does the tire gel affect paint and chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to prevent spin-off from tire gel AND does the tire gel affect paint and chrome?

how you guys doin? im a newbie and desperately need your help.....everytime i put on the meguiars tire gel i get the spin-off from the tires that land on the paint and chrome rims on my car. Is there anyway to prevent that, and does the tire gel mess up the paint and chrome rims?

Try using a paint brush to apply it then leave it for a few hours (I leave mine overnight if possible). It sound like either there is too much on the tyre or it hasn't had time to absorb.
    Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Meazy!

I use Endurance on my car and I use the Eagle One tire applicators. I usually spend about five to eight minutes on each tire to make sure it's covered and worked in real well. I haven't had any problems with "spin-off" doing this. If you let the Endurance "glop" on the tread, it will spin-off, but I make sure I spread it all evenly. It won't hurt your paint or chrome if it slings off, but will smear and collect dirt if not wiped off.
      2016 Focus ST

Comment

Re: how to prevent spin-off from tire gel AND does the tire gel affect paint and chro

Easy, just give it enough time to dry.
        I usually apply the Endurance High Gloss gel after washing the wheels and paint on the car, but before any polishing or waxing, so that my wheels are all dressed and dry by the time I finish. For cars that I want less shine, I use Hyperdressing and wipe it down immediately.

Originally posted by meazy619
        how you guys doin? im a newbie and desperately need your help.....everytime i put on the meguiars tire gel i get the spin-off from the tires that land on the paint and chrome rims on my car. Is there anyway to prevent that, and does the tire gel mess up the paint and chrome rims?
        Richard Lin
        ShowCarDetailing
        5548 E. La Palma Ave
        Anaheim, CA 92807
        toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');