• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Car Glaze #7 HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Car Glaze #7 HELP!

While at a dealer's I inquired about having a lot of swirls and light scratches in the paint on my 63 Vette. The dealer recommended Show Car Glaze #7. I read the instructions and asked about purchasing the recommended Mirror Glaze Yellow Wax #26 for the finish, and was told to just use detailer. I did and now my finish is really hazy and exhibits streaking that I cannot remove. Should I strip all the wax and start over, and could someone suggest how to accomplish this correctly? You help is appreciated!
    When duty calls, you've got balls. . . . Ball
    Brothers Novalties!

Hello, and to MOL!!! You have come to the right place for help with Meguiars products.

First, there is no need to be alarmed, you've done nothing to hurt the Vette's finish.

Second, there is a List 'O Links that is VERY helpful for people who might be new to Meguiars product line. It can really help you sort out which products are to be used in which situation. I would suggest reading through as much as this as possible.

Meguiars #07 Show Car Glaze is an excellent product when used correctly. This means that it is to be applied to a finish that has been prepared in the correct manner, thus rendering it free of dirt, surface contaminants, unsightly scratches....in other words it needs to be prepped first. Every step that you need to take in order to achieve a great finish is outlined in the List 'O Links.

BTW, I love the mid-years!! What color is you split-window??

Comment

Thanks Matt, I'll take a look at the List 'O Links! My Vette is a triple black Roadster, driver! You can see it here:

When duty calls, you've got balls. . . . Ball
      Brothers Novalties!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');