• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best wax for lacquer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best wax for lacquer?

Hello, everyone. It is time to wax my most-recent restoration, a 1930 Ford roadster. As original, the body is finished in black lacquer, and the fenders and aprons are in black enamel. Can anyone recommend the best wax for lacquer applications? Is there one product that would do well on both the lacquer and enamel finishes? Thank you for your time.
    fords4ever
    Soquel, CA 95073

I would say the same wax that you would use on modern paints. NXT and #26 come to mind.

Comment

Esp. on black, I love the look of a good Carnuaba wax. #26 would look excellent on your Ford.

Also, to MOL!!!

I would like to suggest some reading for you that will help to make your Ford's paint look its very best. There is the List 'O Links that covers most everything that you'll need to know in order to keep a true show car shine!!

Comment

Any of Meguiars products will be fine.

Are you working by hand? If so, claying is something you might want to do, then give it a quick cleaning with some Deep Crystal #1. Then #7 followed by something like #26 or #21 would be fantastic.

By PC, you could clay (optional), Use some #80, maybe follow it up with #7, then #26 or #21.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');