• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diminishing abrasives and edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diminishing abrasives and edges

this is coming from a guy that as used 3m and one step polishes. With the edges and curves etc. what do you guys do with the rotary. The products I have used in the past you can feather the trigger to polish these areas. That wouldnt be enough to break down the product or would it be?

well... before using the term "breaking down," you ahould know if your product has diminishing abrasives or mechanical abrasives, cuz if it has mechanical abrasives, they will not break down no matter what you do.

As far as I saw in the PES video from meguiars, their products break down when you've worked them to the point where the product almost dries and there's almost no more "wet buffing"

I really can't tell you that much about 3M's abrasives, because I have only used Hand glaze from them. another product I used once was the super duty rubbing compound, but I'm not sure what kind of abrasives they use. maybe the best way to figure that out would be by sending them an e-mail and asking them if their abrasives are sharp (constant cut rate) or diminishing.

It all depends on what system you use. everyone has their own suggestions and recommendations: for example, the one I mentioned above about meguiars.

and about edges and curves, my suggestion would be to work those areas at slower RPM's so you reduce the risk of paint burning or too much film removal.

Hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Re: Diminishing abrasives and edges

Yeah thats what I mean as far as megs goes.After seeing the PC in action I am sure the rotary would break down easier anyway

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');