• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

94 Chevrolet Pickup... DETAILED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Chevrolet Pickup... DETAILED!

This truck had a lot of oxidized and faded paint. The tires were so dry they soaked up 3 coats of tire shine. There was more junk stuck in the paint on this thing then Ive ever seen on a vehicle, it took me a LONG time to clay bar the truck. Severe water spots on the wheels and front chrome.

I wasnt terribly satisfied with my carpet cleaning performance. I had to use our old home steam cleaner which I had never used before... after seeing these pics uploaded I realize I need to do a better job at that part. The customer is a friend of mine and Im going to redo the carpets for her. Maybe my Bissel LGM will show this week and I can use that instead.

*edit*
    Oh yeah.. the hood.. those marks on the front of the hood are some deeeeep scratches from when they had a bug shield on the truck. Those things are bad news if they lay on the paint after install.

BEFORE:

AFTER..

Split pic.

Swirls-be-gone

Few more afters..

----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

Nice transformation!

I had a '83 Chevy S-10 king cab Sport that I bought new in Dec. of '82, up until about a year ago. I never took great care of the truck except mechanically.

Would have made a great vehicle to do a Meguire's before and after like you did. Mine was red.
    2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
    2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
    1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Wow! How long did that take you?

Comment

Thanks!

xebola.. took about 9hrs.

Heres the process...

-GC wash.
        -Clayed with QD and Megs mild clay.
        -#80 x 1.
        -NXT liquid x 1.
        -Remove NXT with Megs bonnet and G100.
        -Flitz metal polish for the chrome bumpers.
        -APC+ for carpet, seats, and doors.
        -Natural Shine on dash, floor mats, and doors.
        -Megs Hot Shine for tires.
        -Stoner Glass cleaner for windows.
        --

Comment

Looks good A full size truck is alot of work to detail. Here is a pic of my 1998
          Attached Files

Comment

My first vehicle was a '93 GMC Sierra 4x4. Such a wonderful truck it was. It was kept clean with Meguiar's its entire life, and was in very good shape when I recieved it (only 40,000 miles on it in 2003!). They, I must say, are what trucks are all about.
            Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
            Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Nice turn around
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

You made it look good again

But time sure hasn't been too kind to the "styling" they used on the interior. Well, I guess you could say it has a classic look...
                "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
                - Back To The Future

Comment

Good Job!

You said you used APC+ on the carpets. Can I ask what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by nhernandez
                    Good Job!

You said you used APC+ on the carpets. Can I ask what that is?
                    Thank you!

APC is Meguiars Detailer Line All Purpose Cleaner Plus. Great stuff!
                    --

Comment

Thanks,
                      Still pretty new. I have a hard time with some of the acronyms.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');