• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convertible Top Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Top Cleaner

Can anyone suggest a good convertible top cleaner? My girlfriend, dear that she is, decided to help me with my car and shook up a bottle of opened Deep Crystal polish for me, and it splattered a bit on my top. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

eek.... thats not cool!

There are a lot of products out there for convertible tops. What kind of top do you have? Is it vinal or cloth?

Which ever the case... I tend to just use my regular Meguiars gold class soap and add the use of a soft bristled brush and scrub the whole roof. You will probably be very suprised with the results.

Just make sure that you have the proper protectant for use afterwards... I have a vinal top on my Mustang so I use 303 protectant which I find is absolutly great. Just make sure to A. not apply too much and B. I have found that after it has dried (about 1-2hrs) I go back with a damp towel... other wise i tend to get a oily look on it.

Comment

i clean mine with water only, soap tends to dry the top out.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, brushing the top with water, or with soap (NXT Carwash) and water are not working at all. It looks clean when it is wet, but when it dries, its speckled with white polish spots (only in one small area).

I'm looking for something that will dissolve the polish without damaging the top.

Comment

Almost same thing happened to me on the wif's cabrio. THe only thing that worked was the 3m adhesive and wax remover. Comes in a yelo plaid can available at Wally World.
          http://www.picturejudge.com/memberpi...flames%201.jpg

Comment

Use Meguiars APC-all purpose cleaner, Spray it on, let it dwell a bit then scub with a brush and water.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');