• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield glass problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield glass problem

Help, new poster here. Today I got some bug/tar remover on my Ford escape's windshield. The stuff was petroleum-based on a hot, dry windshield. It made some bad streaks that I can't remove from the exterior and impairs vision.. I tried several glass cleaners and even clayed the window. Can someone recommend anything short of a new windshield? Thanks

I would first use tar remover to dissolve the old film and keep wiping until clear. Otherwise just use a polishing compound or Swirl Remover 2.0

Comment

I think I would try isopropyl alcohol then follow that with Bon-ami
      I use Bon-ami on my car every time that I wash it. No spray glass cleaner has the cleaning power of Bon-Ami
      Black Bart

Comment

Windshield glass problem

Thanks, I used a fireplace glass cleaner. It was soft abrasive similar to Bon Ami. After much polishing it worked. Thanks for the suggestion. I really thoight I'd be buying a new windshield!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');