• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Shine tire problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Shine tire problems?

Just saw this post on CoblatSS.net:

tire shine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know to not use tire shine i just had to have my tires replaced on my 82 el camino they were only about a year old maybe a little more. My friend who works at a tire place said that the tire shine rotted out my tires. Just a head up for anyone.

(an reply) uhmmm i believe it was meguiars or something cant remember. Ive heard it from a few other people too but idk, it definetly did something to my tires cuz i used it all the time.

.....has anyone heard of this? And if so, is it true?

Purdue Gear head

I have been using Meguiar's tire care / shine products for years, on all sorts of tires, and have never had a problem. I highly doubt the tire shine caused this.

Comment

Thanks! I have used Meguiar's on my Tires for years too and never have had any problems either. It's really sad that a "tire guy" would tell that b.s. to a customer.
      Purdue Gear head

Comment

My tires are certianly not falling apart...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree with the others, never a problem... Never had a tire shop tell me that when I replace my tires due to 'normal' wear.

Who knows an excuses not to replace the tires under warranty?
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I ve used hyper dressing and the new tire shine that is purple (sorry I dont remember the name but its from meguiars) on hundreds of cars and have never seen or heard of this problem.

Comment

Re: Tire Shine tire problems?

Originally posted by BoilerPete

tire shine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you know to not use tire shine i just had to have my tires replaced on my 82 el camino they were only about a year old maybe a little more. My friend who works at a tire place said that the tire shine rotted out my tires. Just a head up for anyone.

(an reply) uhmmm i believe it was meguiars or something cant remember. Ive heard it from a few other people too but idk, it definetly did something to my tires cuz i used it all the time.

That guy doesn't know what he is talking about. He doesn't even know what brand it was. I been using tire shine and my tire's are not fading either. He need's to get his fact's straight.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums//showthread.php?t=28787

Comment

Re: Tire Shine tire problems?

Originally posted by BoilerPete

tire shine

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums//showthread.php?t=28787
                That guy doesn't know what he is talking about. He doesn't even know what brand it was. I been using tire shine and my tire's are not fading either. He need's to get his fact's straight.

Comment

This is how misinformation and rumors start.

Meguiar's is a leader in automotive surface care products, we would never create a product that would be detrimental to the rubber used to make tires. Our chemists fully understand that the only thing between your car and the road are your tires and safety is an utmost concern.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Moved out of Hot Topics and into Customer Service Hotline.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');