• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Quik Wax strip or break down old wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Quik Wax strip or break down old wax?

A friend just gave me what's left of a bottle of Quik Wax (not Quik Detailer), and I'm about to try it out today after I wash the car. There's one thing I noticed, though. The bottle says that it removes contaminants and such, which sounds to me like it has cleaning/abrasive agents in it. Will it strip the previous layer of wax I have on the car? As long as it just sits on top of my existing wax, I'll be happy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

My first post, but I'm not a noob!

From my humble experiences, I've always used Quik Wax or NXT Spray Wax when I wanted to touch up the car right after a car wash. I've already had an existing coat of wax on there, so I don't think I was removing wax, just adding more. Hope this helps.
    Marvin
    2000 Nissan Sentra SE Turbocharged
    2007 Honda Fit Sport VBP 5MT

Comment

BTW, doing some research, I came across this great FAQ:

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!
      Marvin
      2000 Nissan Sentra SE Turbocharged
      2007 Honda Fit Sport VBP 5MT

Comment

Thanks. That's a good FAQ, too. It doesn't sound like it'll harm the wax that's already on there.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');