• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Some Advice On Detailing A White Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Advice On Detailing A White Car

Hey guys, I've got a few questions. After reading the Meguiars 5-step paint care cycle, its left me pondering to myself with a few questions.

So here's my situation. I've got a 1999 White Crown victoria that is in some dire need of detailing the exterior. I've already purchased the clay bar kit and a bottle of Meguiars Gold Class liquid wax. The thing i'm stuck on is what to purchase as my Paint cleaner. I'd like to clean the paint as well as clay it just to be safe but i'm not too sure what would be best for my car. Secondly, Which type of polish to buy? I've read that meguiars Deep Crystal System Polish is made to perform great specifically on dark-colored cars, but will it also work good on my white car? Or is there a better alternative?

Thanks for your time guys and I cant wait to see what everyone has to say.

Are you working by hand? Thats alot of car!
    Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner will work on white. I have a white Sable.
    In fact I use the DCS on it.
    GC is a good polish/wax.
    Clay will really help before you polish.
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Well, I've got a cheap ole Chamberlain waxmaster random orbital buffer that i'm going to give a try. But i'm a bit hesitant of using it as I have never used one before and i'm missing the instructions that came with it.

Comment

Okay, so Ive come up with this line up. Let me know what you guys think.

1. GC car wash
        2. Clay bar
        3. Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner
        4. Deep Crystal System Polish
        5. GC Liquid Wax

Correct me if I am wrong, but I can apply all of these with a random orbital buffer, correct?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');