• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire and Trim Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire and Trim Dressing

For you guys that have used a lot of dressings, I need a quuick product to use hopefully on tires and trim from the Consumer lines.

Basicaly, the relatives I am staying with just want a quick wash in the morning, so I have to go buy some soap at Autozone, etc, and ColorX in the A .M. and like a $20 budget. If I see a bottle of Endurance, can it be used on trim and tires? Or any other product?

They are Mercury Mariners, so some plastic trim, plastic roof racks, running boards, etc.
    Last edited by Murr1525; Jul 31, 2006, 09:21 PM.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Or maybe one of the Hot Shines?

Oooh, I see it says the Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber can be used for both, maybe they will have it. I dont know how long lasting it is, but a few days will be good.
    Last edited by Murr1525; Jul 31, 2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Don't forget about Natural shine. It is available at Autozone in my area. I have yet to find GC vinyl/rubber at a local store.
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Careful with the Endurance High Gloss on the Running Boards--it can make them slippery--then if someone, usually a female or a child, actually USES them, they go WHOOPS!

Comment

Endurance is not for plastic! Ive never used natural shine on tires, but its made for tire and plastics. I would say thats your best bet.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
              Careful with the Endurance High Gloss on the Running Boards--it can make them slippery--then if someone, usually a female or a child, actually USES them, they go WHOOPS!
              Well, that is certainly important to note. Hopefully they have Gold Class or Natural Shine.

And just becasue a product dosnt say it is for something ,doesnt mean it cant be... just have to ask first...

Comment

Hey Murr, I have been getting Gold Class Vinyl/Rubber protectant at 2 different Target stores near me. I think it has great endurance. Maybe a Target near you will have it.

Comment

Well, I found the Natural Shine... No luck for any dressings at Target here though. Butthat should take care of tires/trim/dash.

Such a pain shopping out of town... I can go to the same store I am used to at home, but the selection is completly different.
                  Last edited by Murr1525; Aug 1, 2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

This decision might have already been made, but here are my thoughts.

I've tried almost every tire / rubber product that Meguiars offers.

Here are my thoughts:

Hot Shine High Gloss - GREAT for car shows were your car will be standing still. It provides a very high gloss shine. When it gets on the road, it tends to spin off. The only thing is that it doesn't end up on the paint - don't know why.

Hot Shine Tire Foam - I thank Meguiars for sending me a FREE can of this stuff! Can't believe that anyone would ever do that! This product works nicely at cleaning your tires. It leaves a nice black shade that is not too shiny.

Hot Shine High Gloss Trigger - Looks just like the other version of this, but it lasts longer and can hold up through the rain.

Gold Class Endurance - Leaves a nice shine that lasts for a while. It lasts longer than the Hot Shine High Gloss, but it is not as shiny.

Gold Class Endurance High Gloss - This provides a shine that is very glossy. It is close to Hot Shine High Gloss, but no quite. The shine looks realistic and not too glossy. It lasts longer through the rain and constant driving. It does collect dirt which can be wiped off using a cloth. It also has a tendency to spin off if applied in large amounts or it is not given enough time to dry. It will keep your tires looking black for a long time after one application. My tires only turned a little brown after 6 monthes without an application during the harsh winter. This is my favorite.

I have not tried the NXT series, but I assume that the Insane Shine is similar to the Hot Shine High Gloss.

Natural Shine - Looks great on plastics and trim pieces. For tires, it is a different story. It looks good, but you have to rub it in. I forgot my tire applicator, so I had to apply it with a cloth. The tires on the front looked bad the next day. The shine was gone. I love the shine for the plastic and trim, but it doesn't cut it for the tires.

Applicator - I bought the Endurance Kit and I use the applicator a lot. It works great for putting on an even coat of the Endurance High Gloss.

That is my opinion. I know that I have spent too much time on tire products, but the right shine will make any car look better.
                    Chris
                    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Could you explain any more about how you had to apply the Natural Shine to the tires? Did it ever look good for you? Maybe I'll just skip the tires.

Comment

I sprayed the tires thoroughly with Natural Shine and then wiped it in using a rag. It looked good right after I applied it. I wouldn't skip the tires, though. Just spend the 8 or so bucks on the Endurance High Gloss and then just buy one of those cheap applicators.

I'm surprised that Target had Natural Shine. Ours has ColorX and one gallon bottles of GC Wash. That's it. For most of my stuff, I go to O'reilly, Advance Auto, or Pep Boys. Pep Boys has some of the uncommon stuff - a little for Professional Series products and some of the odd items like Exterior Trim Detailer.
                        Chris
                        Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Sometimes even with hot tire shine, I must put it on twice if the tire hasent been done in awhile. It will spot really bad and just look like ****. If you do want to put it on, put a second coat on after about an hour or so and see how it looks.
                          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');