• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tips on M84 anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips on M84 anyone?

hi everyone:

I saw a post where M84 is more effective when used with a foam cutting pad. my question here is:

I've seen in the PES101 video that you have to leave little trace of product behind when buffing to see you've worked the abrasives totally. however, what additional tips can someone give me in the best use of this product (speed, pressure, etc)?

thanks
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Use a speed of 1200 to 1500 rpm and light to medium pressure. Let the product do the work. Clean your pad often with a nylon brush, as in between each application and also be sure to wipe the spent residue off the panel before applying fresh product. This is very important.

Check the panel you're working on with your hand and make sure you're not getting the paint too hot. If when you place your hand on the panel your instinct is to quickly remove your hand, then it's probably too hot.

Hold the pad flat whenever you can.

When starting out with a new/dry pad, spritz on some M34 to wet or moisten the pad before making your first pass. Don't get it too wet however as it will spray splatter everywhere. You can spritz on some M34 and then hold the buffer out of the way and bring it up to speed for a few seconds to let any excess M34 spray off, away from your work area.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

nice no i've got two more questions:

Final inspection is pretty expensive here and most people who sell meguiar's don't have it. could I switch it for quick detailer? or would it be better to squeeze product as recommended in the video?

and my other question is, would M82 or M66 be able to remove the remaining swirls left by M84 and the foam pad? or would it be better to get M83 for this job?

BTW I read your polishing article and agree with the comments: we make mistakes and this guy who posted on the corvette forum did exceed some limits. however, as you said, "replace" is an easier word to assimilate than revitalize, since it's not that technical.

and you're right about what you say about self learners; that they sell down to new things since they think they know it all, but that's where you can distinguish between an amateur and professional detailer.

I've been a self learner since I started detailing, but I'm always looking for the best correct techniques to get the job done, and trying to update all the information possible to keep my quality at peak.

keep up the good work. I think lots of people like me keep up going the right way when we are supported, motivated, and inspired by people like you

thanks!
      " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');