• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microfiber towels

Which brands are really good, or are they all the same.

I bought I think a Turtle Wax one some time ago and was excellent, bought "no name" brand in an auto store and it idin't even slide easy in using NXT Detailer.

Maq. website says Supreme is great on RV's & Boats, not cars or motorcycles?

I think the 70 / 30 Turtle Wax one was great, the "no name" 80 / 20 was ****, maybe too fine?, just did not work well.

Well, I have the Water Magnets and Supreme Shines from Meguiars for on my paint.

But I have had good success with the brand from Target, I think it is vroom, or soemthing or other, as far as applying dressings, cleaning windows, etc. They are good for the dirty jobs or ones that might snag/tear a good towel.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yupe I'm only using MEGUIAR's Water Magnet, Microfibres and Terry TOwels.

I'm going to pick up a Micro Suede drying towel.

i bough a bunch of microfibres from the dollar store to use inside door jams or wheel weels or even behind my rims to clean them up nice.

Is there a difference in quality?

YOU GOT IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig
        yupe I'm only using MEGUIAR's Water Magnet, Microfibres and Terry TOwels.

I'm going to pick up a Micro Suede drying towel.

i bough a bunch of microfibres from the dollar store to use inside door jams or wheel weels or even behind my rims to clean them up nice.

Is there a difference in quality?

YOU GOT IT!!!
        ....Mequiars are the best quality...I use a less grade for the dirty jobs...
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

when i first started on this board, i didn't think there would be much a difference between the different kinds of MF's.

and then when i would explain this info to my g/f she would look at me like i was some sort of freak (i could only imagine the look on sneek's g/f's after he detailed in lawn mower).

seriously though, then after using the different MF's and comparing, MEGUIAR'S IS TOP NOTCH AND 110% QUALITY!!!

THANKS MEGUIAR'S!!!

Comment

when i first started on this board, i didn't think there would be much a difference between the different kinds of MF's.

and then when i would explain this info to my g/f she would look at me like i was some sort of freak (i could only imagine the look on sneek's g/f's after he detailed in lawn mower).

seriously though, then after using the different MF's and comparing, MEGUIAR'S IS TOP NOTCH AND 110% QUALITY!!!

THANKS MEGUIAR'S!!!
            Thanks.

One question, which Meguiar MF type would be best for a motorcycle, which rarely gets dirty, mostly I use the quick Meg. Detailer after each ride. Use it in the paint & chrome. At times I do the NXT wax & Wax Booster.

So, which ones would you suggest.

Thanks again.

Comment

the MF's ARE YELLOW!!!

if you have any glass, you use the Meguiar's GLASS TOWEL.

and i thought newspaper was the best. this towel kicks ***.

MICROFIBRE TOWEL

there is a link for you to see them.

Comment

the MF's ARE YELLOW!!!

if you have any glass, you use the Meguiar's GLASS TOWEL.

and i thought newspaper was the best. this towel kicks ***.

MICROFIBRE TOWEL

there is a link for you to see them.
                Sorry to be a PIA, but MX2010 is yellow, but is listed as Car Wash type, where MX2015 under Boat / RV in blue says for removing waxes & polishes.

Confusing to me, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRANER
                  Sorry to be a PIA, but MX2010 is yellow, but is listed as Car Wash type, where MX2015 under Boat / RV in blue says for removing waxes & polishes.

Confusing to me, sorry.
                  the yellow ones are the ones MIKE uses in his video and so they are the ones i got.

hope it helps.

you can use the YELLOW ones to buff off wax and as a final wipe.

for drying get yourself a WATER MAGNET. its truly a magnet.

Comment

There are yellow (brownish in some pics) towels for cars and blue water magnets / supreme shines for marine use. They are both the same towels respectively, as far as construction goes, but you will notice the blue Marine ones are bigger and cost more.

While it might seem better to have 1 big towel instead of 2 small ones for a car/bike, definately get the yellow ones for the car line. Much easier to work with smaller ones.

Maybe to be a little cleaer, the Supreme Shines are for cleaner/polish/wax removal, and the Water Magnets are for drying.

The blue ones are just bigger versions of each.
                    Last edited by Murr1525; Jul 25, 2006, 12:41 PM.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
                      There are yellow (brownish in some pics) towels for cars and blue water magnets / supreme shines for marine use. They are both the same towels respectively, as far as construction goes, but you will notice the blue Marine ones are bigger and cost more.

While it might seem better to have 1 big towel instead of 2 small ones for a car/bike, definately get the yellow ones for the car line. Much easier to work with smaller ones.

Maybe to be a little cleaer, the Supreme Shines are for cleaner/polish/wax removal, and the Water Magnets are for drying.

The blue ones are just bigger versions of each.
                      Thanks a lot. The Meg. site does not make the clear point you do.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');