• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rainy day after washin/wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainy day after washin/wax

I just washed my car 3 days ago and today it got rained on out of nowhere in orange county.
    My question is, after rewashing the car is it recommended to rewax every time if I'm only using the gold class wax which I hear doesn't quite las as long as some of the other waxes?
    Also, I take my car to a car wash and do all the other stuff myself to save some time. Is there anything particularly wrong with car washes? Thanks.

You do not have to rewax after every wash, that would be a lot of work. Wax usually lasts about 3 months (no exact time and it is often debated). If you are looking for the just waxed look, you can use a spray wax to replace the small amount of wax you removed. It is also important to use a good soap like 00 so that you dont strip the wax off the car.

Automatic car washes that have brushes are often known to cause swirl makrs in the paint. Some people dont even use the do it yourself high pressure washes because they think it could hurt their paint.
    Last edited by onnfire; Jul 23, 2006, 09:44 PM.
    '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
    '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
    Attention to detail is the key to success
    Steve

Comment

Any carwash soap Meguiar's makes will not strip off any wax. And like onnfire said, local carwash places will most likely cause swirls in the paint, if you've actually felt the towels they use to dry, they're horrible. And a spray wax would be a good idea, something like NXT spray wax or quik wax would work. But Gold Class wax does last pretty long, depending on certain conditions. I've had it last around 3 months. But I don't use Gold Class much anymore. Although it's a great product, I'm experimenting with #16, #21, and #26.

Comment

btw it poured here in AZ tonight and I clayed, polished some of the truck with #80, and waxed with M21 on most of the truck the night before. I was planning on finishing this morning but it got hot too quick and was gonna continue tonight but it rained really hard with lots of lightning. I couldn't get a pick of the lightning in the scenery with my truck cuz it would look cool from far away but the shutter on the digi cam *****. But here's sumthin to look at:

and I'm not stupid enough to take an expensive digital camera out in the pouring rain, I covered most of it in a ziplock, sorry the quality isn't very good. And my headlights weren't even on btw, it just looks like that cuz the way I was shining a flashlight.
        Last edited by F-150; Jul 24, 2006, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');