• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help with Water Stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Water Stains

Hi,
    I have a 1999 Plymouth Prowler and have a huge water stain on the hood and can't remove it. I use an Evolution 4 car cover and a tarp on top of it. I suspect water got trapped between the hood and first cover and essentially baked in a water stain.
    I brought it to a detailer to have it buffed out w/o success.
    I am including some pics....url's below
    Any help solving this problem will be deeply appreciated.
    Best,
    Ron

Re: Need Help with Water Stains

Originally posted by prowlinpassion
    Hi,
    I have a 1999 Plymouth Prowler and have a huge water stain on the hood and can't remove it. I use an Evolution 4 car cover and a tarp on top of it. I suspect water got trapped between the hood and first cover and essentially baked in a water stain.
    I brought it to a detailer to have it buffed out w/o success.
    I am including some pics....url's below
    Any help solving this problem will be deeply appreciated.
    Best,
    Ron

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...n/IMG_1219.jpg
    Ouch!! I feel your pain bro.. OK before we start, how will you work on the paint? By hand or machine, and if machine what kind. Once we have that info, we can get you started. No guarantees it will come out, but we'll lead you in the right direction.

I will say that spot is the worst water stain I've ever seen.
    Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Hi,
      Many thanks for your response. I intended to do it by hand, so any process/procucts you can suggest would be DEEPLY appreciated.
      Best,
      ron

Comment

Originally posted by prowlinpassion
        Hi,
        Many thanks for your response. I intended to do it by hand, so any process/procucts you can suggest would be DEEPLY appreciated.
        Best,
        ron
        We'll working by hand, I can only think of one thing "ScratchX". This will only work if the stain is in the clear coat part of your paint. Take some Scratch X and rub in a small area (with some passion behind it), and do not let it dry. It may take a couple well worked applications. If it improves in the test area, you can then copy the same prcedure to the rest of the stain.

Hope this helps,
        Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');