• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Well I would like both but preference would be shine.

Comment

In the Comparative Study of Automotive Paint Sealants & Waxes these are the top 5 finishers in percentage increase in reflective shine, measured by a Glossometer:

Klasse - 32.8%
      TST - 5000 32.6%
      Valuguard 32.0%
      2180 AS Ultra 31.2%
      DIAMOND PLUS 30.9%

In terms of durability (resistence to salt water corrosion) these were the top 5 finishers:

DIAMOND PLUS
      Zaino Brothers
      885/Fleetwax
      UltraCoat
      Zymol Carbon

The 2 top finishers in reflective shine test were

#20 Valuguard
      #21 Klasse

In the durability test.

Regards
      Bud Abraham

Comment

Looks like I have my homework ahead of me. Thanks

Comment

Love this post, I have used all of the Meg's products. Each has it's own appeal, Currently I use the new Gold Class liquid wax on my '64 Bel Air and '08 Taurus. Like the dept of the gloss and the longevity. For my '99 pearl white Caddi, I use NXT2. My wife and I like the shine, and again, the longevity. I would recommend any of Meg's products.
          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I was told at a Meguiars class to use 205 on my silver 2010 mustang

Comment

NXT 2.0 Liquid just delivers every time.

Comment

just got to use my new carlack 68 twins.. i must say, the gloss, shine, and clarity was amazing! in the sun, the mirror like shine and brightness is better than NXT 2.0 and bought out a n almost differnt shade of color to the car. Does the NXT 2.0 even stand a chance against the shine carlack gives? Well, yes. Well a while ago, clouds gathered, sun hid behind the clouds, so its bit more gloomy now. I checked out the car again, and instead i got the not too impressive gloss which i got when the sun was out.. Here is where the nxt 2.0 "shines".. WHile not as shiny as carlack, NXT 2 wins in depth and richness of color as opposed to carlack68's clarity in bringing out the color..

Its fascinating.. it seems some waxes sealants work at certain light intensities.. Bright sunny days, carlack68 beats the NXT hands down... on normal not too sunny days? NXT offers depth and richness that carlack 68 doesn't give as easily.. Its a bright sealant for bright light conditions..

Comment

thanks for review on Carlack ffboy. I actually have never heard of the brand before. I'll have to check it out - not that I'm planning on switching from Meguiars. Just sometimes like to read up on different things.

Comment

Well, you may (or will) like the brightness carlack/klasse gives.. Its been a couple of weeks since i applied it, its been a mix of sun and rain, so its a good test for this supposedly superior sealant vs. the OTC meguiars nxt 2.0. On the other car i have, i used the AIO+collinite 845 combo. Observation? well, after the strong rains, etc., the beading on the hood was almost gone. I know beading doesn't necessarily mean protection though. On our Bmw, i used the carlack/klasse twins and after the initial brightness, its been toned down a bit. The look is still bright, but not as awesome as before. Just today, i ultimate quik waxed the bmw, and back comes the depth and richness.. Using a Quick detailer does restores a bit of the slickness..After a while away from meguiars and then returning to them, i realize just how good meguiars is itself.

My realizations? no matter how fantastic the claims of a particular product is, you will have to use a QD or Spray wax in between.

I have no doubts you'll like the klasse/carlack 68 on your car.. trust me.. however, its tricky to use, it can be a pain to get off, so while the results may be a bit better the effort may not be worth it. With the NXT 2.0, less brightness and mirror like reflections but its close with a bit more rich candy like gloss and depth plus its way way way easier to use.

You can try it if you feel like it, but if you don't try it now or in the future don't worry. You're not really missing out that much in my opinion.

Comment

One combo i would use some time in the future is the NXT+hitech yellow wax combo. I've tried hi-tech yellow wax, i find it silly that this wax is absolutely easy to use.

Comment

I think that the wax that gives the best gloss/reflection/shine is still NXT 2.0. Ultimate Wax doesn't give me as good of a shine as NXT 2.0. It's still good but not good enough. UW has other advantages but not in the shine department.
                        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                          I think that the wax that gives the best gloss/reflection/shine is still NXT 2.0. Ultimate Wax doesn't give me as good of a shine as NXT 2.0. It's still good but not good enough. UW has other advantages but not in the shine department.
                          I agree.
                          Jim
                          My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                            I'm really surprised that some of you find NXT 2.0 better in the shine department. for me, Its always been "if its newer, its shinier" when it comes to car waxes. But i don't think i'll be trying it out any time soon or any other wax since i still have a lot (carlack twins, NXt 2.0, collinite) left. I do think that the ultimate quik wax has given me a hint on the gloss the new ultimate wax will give me. UQW seems to give a darker (deeper?) shine than the NXT.

I've seen the new quick tips video on ultimate wax.. Really seems to go very thin and almost clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
                              I'm really surprised that some of you find NXT 2.0 better in the shine department. for me, Its always been "if its newer, its shinier" when it comes to car waxes. But i don't think i'll be trying it out any time soon or any other wax since i still have a lot (carlack twins, NXt 2.0, collinite) left. I do think that the ultimate quik wax has given me a hint on the gloss the new ultimate wax will give me. UQW seems to give a darker (deeper?) shine than the NXT.

I've seen the new quick tips video on ultimate wax.. Really seems to go very thin and almost clear.
                              That's what I thought as well... The newer the wax, the better it will be. I guess UW can't have the best of everything... Don't get me wrong... It's still a great wax because of it's hydrophobic technology and it repels water pretty well. This might have been achieved at the expense of the shine it gives.
                              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

If the ultimate wax gives better depth even at the expense of bright gloss, i'd still consider ultimate wax my winner (if i get my hands on it!). I am surprised with the mixed reviews i read about UW, while the NXT2.0 seems to have more consistently positive reviews. Well, mostly due to the ease of use is supposed to give but instead is a bit tricky to use..

For me, the best (in terms of satisfaction in applying, gloss, depth, and beading) has to be 476s.. I didn't find it that hard to use. I also like the way it feels on application but its not really what i would say easy to use..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');