• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

will NXT wax remove the gloss that #7 provides since it's ALMOST part cleaner?

Comment

I use Meguiar's #26, #20 and NXT, depending on the vehicle.

I will be doing muy Mustang in #21 shortly.
      Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
      Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

ok...so i'm new here (great forums), but i've been a meguiars fan for a while. i've only used the gold class liquid wax so far, but i absolutely love it. here's why (and i'm bringing back some old school, so don't laugh):

up until recently my baby was a '93 maxima (r.i.p. may 2006) with original charcoal paint...on most of the car and i can honestly say it looked better than most of the cars rolling out of dealer lots. the car was driven hard and not waxed for almost 8 years before i got it. i probably only waxed my daily driven, non-garaged car 2-3 times per year, and it still looked great. (just to give you a better idea, the car had 270k miles on it and looked like it only had 30k) i only regret i don't have a photo.

i know i must sound like an infomercial by now, but thanks for reading...and thank you meguiars!

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1 View Post
          #21 topped with NXT Paste is my favorite combination right now.
          RamAirV1
          Thats what I use!
          You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

I used #26 for the first time on my wife's Moss Green Jeep. Looks great! Feels sooo slick. I can't wait to put a few coats on my truck.

Comment

The results would be far more valid if everyone who voted had tried each of the products.

Comment

I like NXT Gen topped with Gold Class. I have a silver car, and it just made the color very reflective and very stunning. That's what I was using during this past summer's show season.

I haven't tried any other Meg's waxes besides the cleaner wax. The cleaner wax was good for being what it is, but it didn't do anything stunning to the silver color.
                2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Turbo
                2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Comment

Another vote for #16 but since that was discontinued (still have a couple tins left though!), my next choice would be NXT Paste, looks terrific on my black car.
                  Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

my vote would be gold class i have a black tacoma have tried 26 and nxt are good waxes but gold class is my fav
                    Last edited by toadanator; Oct 14, 2006, 09:46 AM. Reason: mispell (.)(.)

Comment

I just used the Deep Crystal carnauba wax over #7. I have the NXT paste but I like the carnauba better.

Comment

nxt liquid is my favorite.....but I just bought a new vehicle that is silver. any other wax perform better on this color than nxt would?

Comment

I used to be a firm believer in #26. Then I switched to liquid Gold Class. Recently I have used liquid NXT. When I don't have time to invest, Cleaner/Wax does a good job. I have never used #16, #20, or #21. I guess my best combo I have used the most is #83, #7, finished with NXT. I have darker cars now, but have used that combo on lighter (silver) cars I had in the past.
                          '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 65th Anniversary
                          '05 VW Jetta GLi
                          '97 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Comment

When I do a full detail.. I always finish it off with NXT..great shine and last for a long time. Once in awhile I'll go with GC for that deep wet look. And when I'm feeling lazy I go with the basic Meguiars cleaner wax..and have found that to be quite a awesome wax!

Comment

I haven't tried #21 but since my car is light-coloured, I prefer Gold Class over NXT as it adds more "shine" to it. I usually put on two coats of Gold Class followed by a coat of autoglym extra gloss protection to ensure a really glossy finish, even on a light car.

For dark cars, NXT. (but I might switch to #21 after seeing such great results)
                              showroomglaze.net

Comment

So far, I only used ColorX and NXT Tech liquid wax. From these two, from a gloss and reflection point of view, I'd say NXT Tech is the best.
                                Nothing beats a lion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');