• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Wax gives you the best Gloss and Reflection?

Which of meguiars waxes do you think makes your car look more like a show car with the most gloss and reflection?
    Deep crystal #3
    3.32%
    Gold Class Liquid
    9.71%
    Gold Class Paste
    4.79%
    NXT Liquid
    35.50%
    NXT Paste
    8.23%
    ColorX
    0.98%
    Polymer Sealant
    3.07%
    Synthetic Sealant
    14.86%
    Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
    19.53%
    Last edited by andorucojp; Jul 16, 2006, 12:11 PM.
    Das Auto

2007 Jetta 2.5 Wolfsburg Edition

I have only used DC3 on my car and have had great results, but I haven't tried any other Meguiar's waxes yet. I have been leaning towards the #21 since I have hear great reviews for lasting longer on black cars. The NXT wax sounds nice, but have heard it doesn't last long as long as #21 on a black car. My vote will be for DC3 for now, but when I do get to change to another Meg's wax, I will post back here on the results.
    2016 Focus ST

Comment

Its hard to say which is best. Each one has a specific application, like I prefer 21 on some cars, then again I like 16 on other. Its personal taste.

Comment

Where is 16?
        All depends on the person I guess.
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Meguair's didn't know they had a good thing till its too late now !

Comment

#21 is highest on my list(thats what I voted for)... NXT is very close second, paste or liquid.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I love #26!

Comment

NXT topped with #26 Hi Tech. Hi Tech gives a nice warmth to dark colors.

Comment

Come On! 421 people have viewed this thread since last night and only 45 have voted? If you have tried more than one, VOTE! We want your opinion!
                  Last edited by andorucojp; Jul 16, 2006, 07:55 PM.
                  Das Auto

Comment

I hope Mike Phillips replys. I wonder what he uses on his car.
                    Das Auto

Comment

I voted for Gold Class and #21! Both very very good products!!
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I like Gold Class Liquid, but Cleaner Wax isn't all that bad for a one step wax and should be given some props as well.
                        "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

Well, I guess most of those would top Cleaner/Wax or ColorX... But they really are darn good on their own. Perhaps the wrong category for them to be involved with.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I voted for Nxt liquid, but it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I use #21 much more than I use the NXT liquid. The NXT has a great gloss to it, but it has a peak time of 5-10 days max, after that the car returns back to the normal shine (which is excellent). Conversely, the #21 may not give the same shine (or gloss), but it keeps its original shine for a long time.. From my experience much longer than the Nxt liquid. I use NXT when I really want give it that extra shine
                            Wash, Polish, Wax...Just Do IT!

Comment

Everyone is always talking about NXT Wax and I figured it might not be the majority's favorite. That's why I posted this poll.

I am using Deep Crystal #3 right now but haven't used any others and so haven't voted. But, now I know which one to get when I run out.
                              Das Auto

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');