• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished My 2005 Black Pathfinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished My 2005 Black Pathfinder

OK -

I have been waiting to do this for a while - use my DA and my new Meguiar's products on my Black 2005 Pathfinder. It was a bit neglected from being outside for the past month so it was time for some TLC then park it in the garage from now on...

What did I use ?
    [list=1][*]Wash with NXT car wash[*]clay with meguiars clay[*]#80 with my DA[*]#83 in a few spots[*]#21 to top it off[*]Hyperdressing on the tires and running boards[/list=1]

The truck was not in bad shape at all, I wash it by hand regularly. This was however the first time using the DA on it. I practiced on my Wife's silver Altima first with some #9 and #21 to get the hang of it. Her car came out looking good !!

The truck had the typical fine swirls that any black car would have, it also had some scratches that would not come out, I need to play with the machine and the polishes a little more. Overall not bad for my first attempt - plus it was 90 degrees here in texas today so I got tired quickly. I couldn't imagine doing this by hand like I used to do all the time.

Here are some after shots, I didn't take the befores - but the truck was nasty dirty from driving in the rain and mud recently. The black looks nice and clean, from what I can tell there are no swirls left, but if you stick your face very close to the paint and use a flash light there are some very tiny scratches in the paint - at least on the hood anyway....

Reflection in the hood

Reflection of the garage door opener on the hood

Refection of me in the door

I think this is the hood again - I was trying to look for some swirls

Reflection of my neighbor's house in the front fender

Yup - that's my other neighbor's house in the rear quarter panel

Anyway - I really liked the 80/83 polishes they went on easy and came off easy. M21 is awesome - it lasted on my Wife's care for 4 months and it still shines (time to re-apply though).

Thanks to everyone for sharing their tips on the forum - I was able to get great results the first time through on a black vehicle!

Hopefully this post displays correctly, I have never done this before. The pics look pretty small in the preview mode

PS - love this guy ---->

Chris C
    Last edited by convercs; Jul 14, 2006, 02:50 PM.

Sweet!

How long did it take you?, those suckers are big!

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Comment

It took about 4 hours. I ran out of steam and didn't get to the roof. I can do that next weekend

CC

Comment

A whole pathfinder using 83/80/wax in 4 hours... thats moving.
        -Brian
        2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

I only used 83 on 1/2 of the hood to see if there was much of a difference, and there wasn't. Plus I never got to the roof, so I still have some work to do.

Overall though I think it came out pretty good for my first time using the DA to polish black paint.

CC

Comment

WOW!

Looks great, awesome cloud reflection in the first photo! Very nice work.

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Nice work!

Where in Texas are you?

Comment

Thanks!

I just moved from houston up to Spring. I almost melted working on this in the heat last weekend! I still have to get the roof and do some glass cleaning, then I should be set for a few months.

CC

Comment

thats amazing!!!
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks !

Comment

No wonder you ran out of steam, doing that in 4 hours

Looks great
                      "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
                      - Back To The Future

Comment

Yeah, next time I'm going to slow it down a bit. There weren't a lot of major defects to deal with which helped me spend less time polishing the truck.

I spent the most time on the hood here there was a little worse than the rest of the panels.

CC

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');