• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailer's Carpet/Upholstery cleaner...HOME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailer's Carpet/Upholstery cleaner...HOME?

Just got my first ADS order in!! Whoo-HOOO!! All kinds of new stuff I can't wait to try!

I just have a question about the Detailer's Carpet and Upholstery cleaner (black spray/aresol can). Is there any reason why you couldn't use this product for spot removal on carpeting in the home??

I use Meguiars stuff all the time around the house... that should be no different.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just like any carpet cleaner (made for auto or home) you should test it in a hidden location (under a couch?) Auto carpet tends to be more durable than home carpets. Therefore, a strong cleaner may not have an effect on your auto but may have disastrous effects on a delicate home carpet.

If it's a fresh spill or stain, I would use a water spray with Meg's interior cleaning brush first. I've found that works most of the time.

Comment

I don't know what I'd do without it...

The D10219 (Carpet Foam) and X1000 (All-surface Interior Brush) have been invaluable tools in keeping our new house carpet clean. My boys are 1 and 2... enough said.

Brian

Comment

I haven't tried the carpet cleaner. I used Woolite with water to totally clean my car. I had a can of Resolve for the home already. I am leaning towards more engineered and dedicate products though.

I LOVE THAT BRUSH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');