• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing Carbon from Engine Compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Carbon from Engine Compartment

How do I remove carbon deposits in the engine?
    Last edited by jpierre; Jul 11, 2006, 06:33 PM.

Drive it at red-line for a while

Comment

I have used "Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner" before with
      good results. you can get it a any chrysler dealer for about $7 a can. Just take your air intake tube off at the throttle body, start your engine and while holding the idle up just a little, you spray the whole can in the throttle body (alot of little spurts). Shut the engine off and let it sit for at least an hour. It will dissolve any deposits in the engine. Start it up and it will smoke alot (about 15-20 minutes) while it burns off any product left in the cylinders. Another good idea is to change your sparkplugs afterwards too.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: Removing Carbon from Engine Compartment

I have always been a fan of rotery engines. Which have a huge problem of carbon build up. Try putting a can or two of Marvel Mystery Oil in your gas tank every now and again, and it does a good job of getting rid of carbon build up.

Its been the best product I have found thus far for my needs.

Comment

techron by chevron

Comment

This stuff the best on the market. It's about $18 to $20 a can. You will need a funnel to pour it into your gas tank. Pour it into about a half tank of gas depending how big your gas tank is. I don't believe in cures in a can but this stuff works. It's called 44K.

Comment

Techron is approved by Bosch for use in its fuel injection systems and is harmless to catalytic converters.

Comment

44K is basiclly Techron but in the strongest form on the market. It will not harm your catalytic converter.

Comment

I've used a product called Seafoam.

It's been around for quite some time, it seems a little hard to find but I happened to snag a few cans at my local NAPA (however, I recently saw Autozone has stocked this item)

Pour half of this can (slowly) into you intake manifold via vaccuum tube while the engine is running, then pour the remaining in the fuel tank.

Rev up that motor and get into the high RPMs...I just romped around the block a few times topping out 1st and 2nd gear =)

You'll notice plenty of smoke (so will the neighbors)

I'd recommend a spark plug replacement and oil change after this is done
                  -Brad
                  Shine Masters Pasadena, CA
                  shine-masters.com

Comment

I heard seafoam isnt good for your engine is this true ? and that you shouldnt use it if your car has over 150000 miles.

Comment

when you take off the intake pipe at the throttle body, what are you guys doing about the MAF sensor, just sucking in unmetered air and hoping all goes to plan?

that'd be pretty sweet to completely lean out the motor and burn the pistons
                      Lancer Evolution VIII
                      I4T

Comment

Originally posted by hammer55 View Post
                        techron by chevron
                        Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');