• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

poorboys ssr2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poorboys ssr2.5

bought some ssr2.5 to compare to #83 and prefer #83. before I return it, wanted to see if anyone would like to trade it for #83 or, preferably some #80 as I have not tried it yet. let me know

I got rid of all this and go 100% Meguiars as well.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I didn't care for the SSRs myself, but I kinda like the Spray & Wipe. And QD is QD, I haven't found one yet that didn't work just fine.

Tom
      As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

wow, superior shine

Hi,
        It was pretty cool receiving a response from you guys...LOVE your work. That sure was a lot of inventory!! I just find that the ssr2.5 is too dry and flakes everywhere, which makes me thinks there are white spots I didn't remove by buffing. Since you guys are so good (and if you don't mind), I have a few questions:

--Say you make a pass with 83 as your first step with a yellow pad and it doesn't come out to your liking. Do you apply 83 again w/the yellow pad or move up to the maroon pad? I am having this problem right now.

--Most follow up 83 with 80. Do you follow up 83 with 9? This is what I have. Any disadvantages to doing this. My logic is that there shouldn't be much more of an advantage of dropping from 6 to 4 on the cut scale to warrant buying #80 online vs. going from 6 to 3 in cut scale and buying #9 at my local pep boys.

--what is your rule of thumb for giving up on a defect? If you can fit your fingernail in it? If you try 84/85 (with maroon pad) and it doesn't come out? How much extra cutting power does wool give you over maroon foam and what would you recommend wool pads for?

-i am doing a black vette similar to the AMAZING blue one you guys did with 80 and NXT. Did you use pc or rotary? I, unlike most, did not get the pc to use for a while before upgrading to rotary. I got both at the same time and dove in head first. My fav is easily my hitachi rotary and my pc is more for applying #21.

--do you guys use the pc as a finishing tool? example

83 via rotary (maroon)
        9 via rotary (yellow)
        9 via pc (yellow)
        7 via hand
        21 and/or 26

i've heard of people using the pc to take out marring caused by the rotary. even if you are super careful/skilled, should this extra step be taken (the 2nd #9 application)?

Keep up the good work. Look forward to more of your pic posts.

Comment

I would love to answer but if I do and proceed in an off topic direction Storm Trooper Phillips will be angry- LOL!

Post this in the rotary (or???) forum.

We need to keep this one about "for sale or trade".
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

moved to another forum

it's in the rotary section

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');