• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-static or easy dust removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-static or easy dust removal?

Flawless year old paint job... recently clayed it down to a smooth as glass finish - used some DC Polish and followed up with GC Clear coat wax. Totally smooth - a cleaning cloth just slides off the hood - no resistance GRIN.

I had the wet look for a day - then the next morning there was a thin film of regular dust/pollen... nuclear fall out... you know...everyday dirt.

Its discouraging after spending 6 hours polishing and buffing by hand... I hate to repeat it every week. Unfortunately rinsing the car off doesn't work - it beads (so I know the wax is still there) but it never looks "wet" again unless I rewax.

This environmental **** is dulling my finish. Would it be suggested to use a quick detailer or a spray wax to restore the finish? What about those dust brushes? I'm in need of a cheap quick easy restoration that I can do almost daily.

Would NXT wax keep its look longer than GC?
    Personally I'd like an airtight box to park the car in... wonder if Michael Jackson is still using his hyperbaric chamber my Del Sol might just fit inside GRIN. hmmmm...

Last edited by BeachDude; Jul 6, 2006, 03:28 PM.
    http://users.efni.com/~twm/delsoltagline.jpg

I would def give NXT a try.

What you can do daily would be NXT speed detailer, and/or those dusters arnt too that bad either.
    2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

There are various dusters, like the Versa Angle Car Duester, I believe thats what it's called. Lightly drag the tips across the vehicle finish, as the static energy will get the dust.

Comment

I would say NXT Speed Detailer or QD.
        Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

i recomend last touch spray detailer,it will give u the wet look and it is not expensive ($19.99)

Comment

Re: Anti-static or easy dust removal?

Originally posted by BeachDude
            ...Personally I'd like an airtight box to park the car in...
            You don’t want it airtight. It’s better to flow filtered air through it so it can dry out and not collect fumes.

They do sell them, by the way:

PC.

Comment

Re: Re: Anti-static or easy dust removal?

Originally posted by the other pc
              You don’t want it airtight. It’s better to flow filtered air through it so it can dry out and not collect fumes.

They do sell them, by the way:

PC.
              lol wow. you learn something new everyday
              2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');