• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Edge 2000 DA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Edge 2000 DA

I got a email about the Edge 2000 DA pads. I thought I should share it with everyone that has the Edge 2000 DA pad or is going to be purchasing it. I would read this before you use it.

If you have recently purchased The Edge 2000 DA Foam Pads for the Porter Cable
    Dual Action Polisher please read the following announcement from Aaron Krause,
    President & CEO of Dedication To Detail, makers of The Edge Pads:

Dear Customers,
    It has come to our attention that a problem with the security of the E2K adapter
    to the 5/16 adapter may occur if the parts are not VERY TIGHTLY secured before
    buffing! The two adapters must be screwed onto eachother with alot of force in
    order to make sure that the violent vibration of the PC does not shake it off.
    In order to counter this issue we are highly reccomending the following remedy.
    Purchase the LocTite brand fastener product numbers 270 or 271 high strength
    thread locker adhesive and follow the directions. Place the product between the
    large 5/8 threads of the 5/16 adapter and the Edge2000 adapter. This will
    permenantly prevent the disengagment of the adapters. According to the
    manufacturer "is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded
    fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close
    fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and
    vibration. Typical applications include the locking and sealing of large bolts
    and studs" In the near future we will be providing a single unit adapter with
    the 5/16 adapter already assembled, but for those who have already purchased the
    system we strongly suggest this Loctite method for added security in addition to
    secure hand tightening. If you have any questions or need to find your nearest
    LocTite distributor please contact us at the number below.

Thanks for the heads-up...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');