• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Test Panel for my new Makita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Test Panel for my new Makita

The first test panel to try my new Makita out on...

Picked it up from a local bodyshop, they just gave it to me as they were chucking it out. Probably cause of the dent on the front part of the door...

Still, the back two thirds of the door and the lower part are all okay...

And the PTG reads a healthy 130-160um of paint across the panel too! Plenty of room for inital practices! Its the door of a Peugeot 307, so fairly soft paint for initial trials. Going to try removing the swirls, then I'll add some more sever marks with steel wool and try removing them, then I'll throw some tones at it and key scratch it to try the fill-wetsand-blend repair techniques.

So... let battle commence, I've been doing a lot of reading on how to use the machine, so its time to get some hands on experience. This will be the first of quite a few test panels! :waxing: :waxing:
    "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

When I started out with the rotary, I was too lazy to get a test panel, so just used my own car for practice It went well, but wouldn't necessarily recomend it to others...

Good luck with the door, sounds like you're gonna take some frustrations out on that thing, throwing stones, and going at it with the rotary

Be sure to take some pics of the process..
    "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
    - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');