• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Detailer vs. Quick Wax vs. NXT Speed Detailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Detailer vs. Quick Wax vs. NXT Speed Detailer?

I mostly wash and detail my bike in my summer house which is 1 hour away from my apartment. I keep all my bikewash stuff in my summer house including the quick detailer and it's not convenient to carry it between houses so i decided to buy another bottle. Since i already have a quick detailer, should i buy another bottle of quick detailer or go for Quick Wax or NXT speed detailer? Even though they are all Meguiars, would mixing products alot eliminate each others effects?

At the moment I only have NXT tech wax and quick detailer in my collection. I am open to trying new products but only if they are an improvement over the previous ones.

Well, the Quick Detailer just removes dust and leaves a nice fresh gloss behind. It is just wipe on wipe off.

Nxt Speed Detailer is wipe on / wipe off but I have been hearing that it is able to leave a little protection behind as well.

The Quick Wax and Nxt Spray Wax are spray waxes that leave a little proection behind, but you have to go around and buff off afterwards.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Buffing off afterwards doesn't sound too good. I do that with NXT tech wax so I don't want to go through the same thing again. I guess quick wax is out of the options if i want easier application. Now gotta decide between quick detailer and nxt speed detailer. Would nxt speed detailer compliment nxt wax better since they are the same brand products?

Comment

I havent noticed a difference in looks really.

I do think it is better to clay with the Quick Detailer. Seems to grab more dirt that way.

I forget where I read it, but if someone could confirm, I would be happy, that the Nxt Speed Detailer leaves a little protection behind. That seems to be the big difference if true.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Closest I could find about Speed Detailer adding protection was on Meg's homepage description:

"Advanced polymers enhance your paint’s protection while amping up gloss. "
          The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Ninja
            Thanks for the reply. Buffing off afterwards doesn't sound too good. I do that with NXT tech wax so I don't want to go through the same thing again. I guess quick wax is out of the options if i want easier application. Now gotta decide between quick detailer and nxt speed detailer. Would nxt speed detailer compliment nxt wax better since they are the same brand products?
            NXT Speed Detailer complements the NXT Wax very nicely, and extends the life of the wax coat.

I do believe that NXT Speed Detailer provides some protection. I have had zero problems with tar and tree sap sticking to my paint since I started using it. And the look cannot be beat. Plus, the paint stays slicker for a longer time than if I didn't use it, and water rolls off the paint more easily when I wash my car.

For those who live in high humidity areas, I think the Speed Detailer is a very good alternative to the Spray Booster Wax. IMHO it provides just about as much protection.

RamAirV1
            Last edited by RamAirV1; Jul 3, 2006, 12:18 PM.
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

If that's the case, I will apply the NXT SD a lot more often then.

Initially I thought NXT SD does not contain any wax, however reading the labels carefully it does imply it has some elements of NXT synthetic polymers in the bottle.

Can someone please kindly confirm it?

Comment

**Bump** Interested in this topic...

I use the QD quite often and love it (it eats through contaminants). I recently got some of the NXT Speed Detailer and Quik Wax, but haven't had the opportunity to try them out (yet!).

- Ben

Comment

In my case, I only have access to Quik Detailer and Quik Wax. Haven't tried the latter, but simply using QD weekly after the wash seems to help keeping the look you had when you just waxed it. Doesn't bring back all the smoothness.

At least using this I know I still have wax on the paint. I waxed my parents' car in April and it still looks freshly done after using QD weekly. Not yet hard to wipe, so wax is still there. I could tell just by the looks.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');