• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Shelf Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Shelf Life

I've never seen this discussed before, but do any of the Megs products have a limited shelf life?

I'm not a professional detailer, just like to keep up my own cars. However, I would like to begin buying product in the gallon containers. The specific products I'm thinking about are m80, m83, and Hyper Dressing, but I'm interested in hearing about any other products as well.

Will these products go "bad" if I don't use them in a certain period? (probably a year or two for me)

I have Meguiar's products that are many years old. The only time I've had anything go bad was some #34 left in a *VERY* hot garage for years- it turned clear, orange, and thin.

People have used stuff like #7 and #16 that were *decades* old with no problems. The can of #16 I'm finishing up was first opened in the early-mid '90s.

Protect your stuff from temperature extremes, keep the containers closed tight, and I wouldn't expect any problems.
    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I'll have to see about moving the FAQ to the forum as over the years I've noticed the forum community doesn't travel over to the www.meguairs.com site to check out the FAQ as this question comes up all the time and the anwer is in the http://meguiars.com/faq/ right here,

• You can typically expect Meguiar's surface care formulations to retain their full effectiveness for three to five years, as long as the container has been sealed tightly, and has not been frozen.

Always shake Meguiar's liquid products well before using, especially if they have been sitting for an extended period of time.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I was wondering this myself. I recieved two bottles of # 20. One smells pretty good and is thick and the other bottle is a little watery and doesn't smell as good.

Should I throw away the bottle that's a little watery or should I try it? The supplier told me to throw it away ( bottle came cracked).

Will this effect the performance in any way?

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');