• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's vs Mothers-How they compare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maguiars vs Mothers-How they compare?

Woah, this is an old topic thread

I prefer Meg's over Mothers. Both are the best out there.

Only thing I have that's Mother's is the Mag & Alum. Polish
    Last edited by Megafast13; Feb 3, 2009, 03:12 PM.
    Matt

Comment

Meguiars and Mothers products are the best otc products you can get.Its a matter of personal choice.

Comment

Originally posted by WaspHunter View Post

Compared to the Cleaner Wax Paste I currently use, both apply about the same and give similar depth of gloss. However, the Mother's stuff was incredibly difficult to buff off, to the point where I was worried I was going to scratch the paint with the pressure I needed. I don't help him wax his car any more.

I'd have to agree with Mike and say the best way to find out how indivdual products compare would be to get both, or find someone with the other product so you can compare.

I have the Mothers Reflections Wax and Meg's NXT 2.0. The Mother's has a a little amount of cleaners in it. And I use it to remove fresh water marks off my hood.

The Mother's is alot harder to remove and this applies to its application too. It's more 'pasty' thus the dfficuilty in application.

Another problem with Mother's and Auto glym waxes is that they dry and buff off with a white residue. This residue requires another step in the detailing process as it gets into the hard to reach places.

NXT 2.0 as you all know, applies sparingly, buffs off easily and dries without white powdery residue.

The only advantake that Mother's has over NXT 2.0 is that it has cleaners in it which removes those fresh water spots on my hood.

Comment

Re: Meguiar's vs Mothers-How they compare?

Sometimes I prefer Mothers over Megs, other times I prefer Megs over Mothers, and sometimes I prefer TW Platinum over either!
          Paul Marmarinos
          Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
          "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');