• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rock Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Chips

Hey Mike, Using the little sanding block to smooth the paint, but found that I will need to drop in some more paint. Previous owner did not mound up enough. Question, what can I use to clean out the deeper pits so the paint will stick. what about denature alky? sanding block and X works great, will use buffer next. Thanks for sharing so much of your knowledge with us guys!!!!
    Eddie

Part for Buffer?

Hi Mike, Was getting ready to try my new buffer and the pads, but don't know how to attach the pad to the machine,, Do I need to go to Home Depot and get a pad holder to screw into the buffer??? I got in the box , the buffer, instruction man. and wrench. What flex base do I need?? Thanks Eddie

Comment

Welcome to the forum but just to let you know, you're posting your questions in the wrong forum...

Detailing 101 is what you want i think..

One answer to your buffer question is you need a backing plate for the buffer, but i don't know what buffer you have so i can't route you to the right backing plate

Comment

Re: Rock Chips

Originally posted by Eddie Paskey
        Question, what can I use to clean out the deeper pits so the paint will stick.
        That's a tough one... try whatever you can get your hands on that will get into the rock chip divets, perhaps a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol and twisted into the chip? Dig out old wax first with a toothpick.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Part for Buffer?

Originally posted by Eddie Paskey
          Hi Mike, Was getting ready to try my new buffer and the pads, but don't know how to attach the pad to the machine,, Do I need to go to Home Depot and get a pad holder to screw into the buffer??? I got in the box , the buffer, instruction man. and wrench. What flex base do I need?? Thanks Eddie

If you're talking about the G100 dual action polisher, then it came with it's own spanner wrench. If you're talking about some other machine, you'll need to share some more information about which machine you're referring to.

p.s.

Moving to Detailing 101
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');