• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water spots on windows and paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water spots on windows and paint

I have a vehicle that has water spots on it from a automatic sprinkler which got the vehicle wet then it baked in the sun three or four days ago.

I think the water is very hard which caused the spots. I was thinking of trying a orbital buffer with some cleaner/wax?

Re: Water spots on windows and paint

Originally posted by autoclean
    I have a vehicle that has water spots on it from a automatic sprinkler which got the vehicle wet then it baked in the sun three or four days ago.

I think the water is very hard which caused the spots. I was thinking of trying a orbital buffer with some cleaner/wax?
    I had the same situation before with my car and hard water spots from a sprinkler. I think the answer to this really depends on the amount of protection that was on your car at the time this happened. If you had a nice coat of wax the spots should come off fairly easy with a good wash and cleaner wax. If there was no protection and the water actually etched the clear coat, you might have to try #80 or #83 to get the job done with an orbital buffer. As Mike always says, use the least abrasive product to get the job done. Test a few different products out then see what you get the best results with. In my case the spots actually came off with just washing the car, so each situation could be different.
    Last edited by bullet1; Jun 22, 2006, 02:48 AM.
    -Brian
    2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

ColorX did the job for me perfectly, applied by hand.

Comment

How does this work with the glass? Even after having used NXT glass cleaner, you can still see em.
        Nothing beats a lion

Comment

A buddy of mine told me to do this once and it actually worked quite well. Not sure if it will take out water marks, but you could always try. I got some regular turtle wax chrome polish and used it on the windows. Made them perfectly clear, just about better than any class cleaner I have ever seen/used. The polish is super cheap and available just about anywhere.
          -Brian
          2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

I use Meguiar's # 4 Heavy Cut Cleaner along with a terry cloth towel to get rid of H20 spots on my windows and it works like a CHAMP.

Comment

Yeah, read that somewhere about #4, the effectiveness on glass should be due to the type of abrasives used in it. Although I think you can use just about any polish containing abrasives on glass, the effectiveness will vary though. I once used some old compound that had actually turned bad, but it cleaned the glass perfectly... Didn't smell too good though
              Last edited by Zet; Jun 22, 2006, 10:30 AM.
              "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
              - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');