• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite detailing spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used both Final Inspection and Quick Detailer. Probably went through more QD then FI for no particular reason. I really can't tell the difference between the two. Happy with both.

Comment

Originally posted by F-150
      I like Last Touch the most. But for some reason I like to clay with speed detailer or quik detailer more.
      A lot of users feel that Last Touch is too slick for claying. IMHO, Quik Detailer and FI work well for claying so you might as well stay with the cheaper QDs for claying. Claying can take a lot of QD if you are doing an entire car!

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RamAirV1
        A lot of users feel that Last Touch is too slick for claying.
        Diluted 1:1 (per instructions) LT is just fine as a clay lube. It is also more economical, currently 16.99 @ ADS vs. 20.99 for FI.
        Trust me...Your patience will be rewarded...

Comment

I also love the last touch ..i think it gives a nice final wipe down after a detail .I also like to dilude it 1 to 1 for a claying lube too.And the tropical smell makes you wanna use it as a sun tan lotion it smells so good.
          RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

QD and NXT for me. I picked QD because Its cheaper than NXT for me, and does the same job. I find that NXT has better lubricty when using with clay, so its better for surfaces that are scratch sensitive.

Comment

My dad's Grand Prix GTP got stuck under a lawn sprinkler system and had major hard water spots all over it! At first, I thought that I would be spending most of Saturday with #83 and the PC in an attempt to remove the spots. Then I thought that if I caught the water spots early enough, maybe I can remove most of them with a good QD session. I grabbed a bottle of NXT Speed Detailer and went to work. It removed 95 percent of the water spots! I was very impressed as these were severe water spots that were baked into the paint by 95 degree temperatures. I'm sure the paint surface was much hotter than that!

Needless to say, I am even more impressed with the Speed Detailer than before! I have never been able to remove water spots like that with other QDs. After all, that is asking a lot of a quick detailer.

NXT Speed Detailer

RamAirV1
              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

For just cleanups, I would use #34, but when I want to leave (and actually feel) and slick coat of protection, I use NXT speed detailer hence why I voted for it...Also zero streaking and it almost dries itself after a quick wipedown.
                2003 White Diamond Cadillac Escalade with Weld Evo Forged 22's

Comment

quik detailer for me, although i noticed while using it on my black car yesterday, that it caused all kins of sreaking, that i was unable to buff out wiping it with a clean micro fiber towel, like it caused some areas to look darker than others, anyone know whats the cause of this?
                  "that car is dirty"

Comment

Final Detail. No longer available, but my favorite Meguiars detail spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
                      Final Detail. No longer available, but my favorite Meguiars detail spray.
                      110% agreed!
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky
                      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Re: Favorite detailing spray

All I have used so far is Quik Detailer, but I plan on ordering a gallon of Last Touch to use this coming show season since I will be needing a lot of it. I am pleased with Quik Detailer, although sometimes it takes a lot of elbow grease to get some water spots off with it.
                        2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Turbo
                        2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Comment

You will like the Last Touch! It is very good and very slick. Much better than Quik Detailer IMHO. LT adds protection, Quik Detailer does not. I found NXT Speed Detailer the best at removing water spots.

RamAirV1
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Mix QD with NXT Speed Detailer. (mix as in use QD or NXT; not mix them up )
                            showroomglaze.net

Comment

QUOTE] I found NXT Speed Detailer the best at removing water spots.
                              [/quote]
                              RamAirV1[/quote]
                              didnt know that, will have to get some to try, thanks

Comment

I use NXT on my car and use good ole' QD for clay bar. Either one will do the trick, but I like using the NXT Detailer on my car since I use NTX wax on it.
                                2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');