• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Care Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am back.

Thanks for the kind words. As of this morning (Monday July 3rd)my grandmother is still with us. She was in and out of hospice a few times but is there again today.

The care packages will be put together this week and go out next Monday. If I get anything in the mail after they go out I will put together more packages and send those as well.

Again Thanks.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

My Grandmother is in the arms of my Grandfather now. She passed last Friday.

We are back on track with the care packages!!!

I got 20 boxes instead of 15 and have been in contact with a few troops of in the "sand box".

I am suprized on how few responded (only four people) but the total donation was $750 cash and four boxes of goodies (magazines, snakes and food !!!!!! AMAZING!

I purchased about $300 worth of stuff this morning and have a few more things I want to get this afternoon.

I will post pics tonight.

Again thank you to the four of you that contributed!!!!!!!
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Joe, sorry to hear about your grandmother...I never knew either of my grandparents and I make sure my kids spend time with theirs as much as possible...my prayers are with you and your family...

Still want to see pictures of our boys in Iraq handing out the Beanie Babies if you can manage it !...and THANK YOU for organizing this..
        Bill Poirier
        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Bill.

Well today was a long day. We hit up Sams Club, 99cents store, and a few grocery stores to find the best deals on everything.

First thing we did yesterday was go the post office and get "flat rate" boxes. They are about 8x11x6 and are $8.10 to ship anywhere in the US. They will go to US bases here then the military gets them over seas. I picked up 20 boxes.

Comment

We raised $750 and a bunch of goodie and magazines with the generous help of three MOL members and a fellow pro detailer form the mobileworks detailing fourm.

A million thanks to - Matt Williams- "williams43040" / silverliningdetail.com, Nick Courville- "35th Anniversary SS",
            Erika Gomez- "iroc2fm", and Bill Poirier- "TKDDAD" .......
            not just for the contribution but for trusting me with their hard earned money.

I did a little research online and also emailed a couple of troops and found out what they wanted.

It is mostly "pogie bait" (ol' Navy/Marine Corps term for junk/snack food) but I also bought toothbrushes, tooth paste, razors, coffee, creamer, cough drops, asprin, lotion, writting pads, pens, playing cards, ............ list goes on.

Comment

I also got a bunch of mens magazines from Nick (which I had to personally inspect) and I added a bunch of hot rod and other car magazines to.

I boxed everything up in two ways. 1. The boxes were going to officers or high ranking enlisted that will distribute the items among their troops. 2. A few were boxed for individual members. Here I am using a lager box that is one of 6 that is going to a Sgt Maj.

Here my kid is helping us on the "assembly line".

Last edited by Superior Shine; Jul 9, 2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Here is an example of a box going to a person that will distribute the stuff in it.

Here they are all power bars.

Here you can see examples of care packages going to individuals.

We woul dpack these with one toothbrush, two packs of gum, a paper back book and so on........

Comment

Bills kids came up with a great idea. They donated a whole bunch of beenie babies for the children over in Iraq.

They almost but didn't fill up a big box so we added a few more to get a full box.

What a great idea that was. Thanks kids!!

They also signed the back of a frisbee with a thank you note to the troops!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everything is all packed up and ready to go.

A few of you wanted to donate but didn't in time for this shipment.

I plan on doing this every two months or so if not sooner.

I will still gladly take whatever you think our brave Men and Women would need over there.

Comment

Im glad I could help, Joe. Please let me know when you are sending goodies again and I will deffinately send more your way.

That big stack of boxes is going to bring a little joy to those that are far from home and family... you truely are a great person for doing this.
                      ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                      561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                      --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                      --

Comment

Joe, it's our pleasure to help...as far as I'm concerned, we live in the greatest country in the world and we all should support those people who put their lives in danger every day so that we can continue to live free....every American owes our troops a thank you....

Thanks for sending the pictures !..I'll share them with the kids...
                        Bill Poirier
                        West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Word from the "SAND BOX"

I just recieved this today from -

SgtMaj Howard T.H.
                          I MEF (SSEC)
                          UIC 42510
                          FPO AP 96426-2510.

Dated 1Oct2006

" Mr. Fernandez,

Thank you for your support! I have made sure that your gifts are spread among the tream, particulary among the jr members.

It means a lot to know that the people at home support us and our efforts to bring peace to a war torn land.

Every day overseas reinforces for me just how blessed we are to be Americans

SEMPER FIDELIS, SGT MAJ "

Comment

Re: Care Package

That is an awesome thing that you did. About half of the Marines in my shop just got back from Iraq and they loved care packages like these. (That is also a pretty nice looking Riviera in the background of the assembly line picture.)

Comment

Make sure you tell the "jar heads" and any other vet in your shop I said thanks for their service.

I am gearing up for a Christmas goodie bag project next month.

Comment

Awesome.... lemme know when your ready to do round 2.
                                ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                                561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                                --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                                --

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');