Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Care Package

I am the paint whisperer. Superior Shine's Avatar
    AWESOME!

I have opened up my PM. That is the best way to get my address.

The number of people that have responded has been less than I expected but the good news is that the ones that have are VERY VERY generous and the troops will get some really nice packages.

THANK YOU

Again thank you all for the donations.

Small set back, my grandmother has had a stroke back in Fla.

She is 94 and isn't expected to pull through.

She was born in Caney, Cuba in 1912 and legally immigrated to the USA with my grandfather in 1968. They were married in 1932 and had been married for 69 years before my grandfather passed in 2001 at 99 years old.

She is a wonderful, beautiful person not to mention her cooking!

I will be on an airplane to Miami 6am Sunday morning. I will be back July2 and will proceed with the goodie bags.

Thanks for understanding.

Joe, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....be safe on your trip and God be with you..
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Great Project Joe! My wife and I have 2 adopt-a-soldiers in Iraq and send them goodie boxes 1-2 times a month.

I subscribe to a lot of car magazines and, after I finish reading them, throw them in a box. Then, I fill the box with snacks, baby wipes, etc.

The post office has a nice box (the dimensions are about the same as Hot Rod magazine) and you can stuff it full with a flat rate of $8.10 shipping. It usually takes 2 weeks for the packages to get to the Sand Pile, but everyone likes the stuff.

I was in the Army in the 60's and this helps some GI's that don't have a family to contact, etc...it's really appreciated!

You all can go to a web site called: www.operationac.com and click on the link for Adopt A Soldier.

My last message from these hard working folks said they have over 1,800 names of soldiers that would like to connect with someone here stateside.

Plus, tons of those fine folks are Car Crazy...what more do you need!

Totoland Mach
    Card carrying Wax-aholic

Registered Member 35th Anniversary SS's Avatar
    Damn.. am I too late on this? I finally brought my stack of mags to work with me to send. Joe.. if Im not too late can you PM me your addy? Thanks.
    ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

I am back.

Thanks for the kind words. As of this morning (Monday July 3rd)my grandmother is still with us. She was in and out of hospice a few times but is there again today.

The care packages will be put together this week and go out next Monday. If I get anything in the mail after they go out I will put together more packages and send those as well.

Again Thanks.

My Grandmother is in the arms of my Grandfather now. She passed last Friday.

We are back on track with the care packages!!!

I got 20 boxes instead of 15 and have been in contact with a few troops of in the "sand box".

I am suprized on how few responded (only four people) but the total donation was $750 cash and four boxes of goodies (magazines, snakes and food !!!!!! AMAZING!

I purchased about $300 worth of stuff this morning and have a few more things I want to get this afternoon.

I will post pics tonight.

Again thank you to the four of you that contributed!!!!!!!

Joe, sorry to hear about your grandmother...I never knew either of my grandparents and I make sure my kids spend time with theirs as much as possible...my prayers are with you and your family...

Still want to see pictures of our boys in Iraq handing out the Beanie Babies if you can manage it !...and THANK YOU for organizing this..
    Bill Poirier
    West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Thanks for the kind words Bill.

Well today was a long day. We hit up Sams Club, 99cents store, and a few grocery stores to find the best deals on everything.

First thing we did yesterday was go the post office and get "flat rate" boxes. They are about 8x11x6 and are $8.10 to ship anywhere in the US. They will go to US bases here then the military gets them over seas. I picked up 20 boxes.

We raised $750 and a bunch of goodie and magazines with the generous help of three MOL members and a fellow pro detailer form the mobileworks detailing fourm.

A million thanks to - Matt Williams- "williams43040" / silverliningdetail.com, Nick Courville- "35th Anniversary SS",
    Erika Gomez- "iroc2fm", and Bill Poirier- "TKDDAD" .......
    not just for the contribution but for trusting me with their hard earned money.

I did a little research online and also emailed a couple of troops and found out what they wanted.

It is mostly "pogie bait" (ol' Navy/Marine Corps term for junk/snack food) but I also bought toothbrushes, tooth paste, razors, coffee, creamer, cough drops, asprin, lotion, writting pads, pens, playing cards, ............ list goes on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information