• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Care Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care Package

I am putting together 15 care packages for some Marines in Iraq.

I could use all kinds of goodies or (funds to buy goodies)

They need,

Pre-paid phone cards
    Ready To Eat Tuna or Chicken Salad kits
    Breakfast-type foods and drinks
    Instant & regular coffee, filters, powdered creamer, sugar packets
    Coffee makers, hot plates.
    Instant hot chocolate packets
    Campbell's chunky soups, chicken, beef, etc.
    Fast Food Hot Sauce Packets
    Individual packets of Trail Mix, Beef Jerky, Slim Jims, peanuts, pretzels, cookies, sunflower seeds and canned nuts
    Canned chips or potato sticks
    Cereal bars, granola bars, Energy Bars
    Pre-sweetened powdered drinks, Kool-Aid, Gatorade
    Lil Debbie snacks, brownies, cakes - no icing.
    Packs of candy, gum, Twizzlers, tootsie rolls, Skittles, sweet tarts

PERSONAL ITEMS & HYGIENE ITEMS:

New Knit Hats and Gloves
    New T-shirts - Large or XL)
    Antibacterial wipes, lotion, sunscreen, travel size toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, shampoo, tissues, Gold Bond powder
    Eye drops (cleaning kind-in plastic bag)
    Small containers of Tylenol, Motrin, Advil
    Band Aids, cough drops, dental floss, combs, chapstick, lip balm, q-tips, nail clippers, disposable razors, shaving cream, toilet paper
    Flip flops/shower shoesAthletes foot creme, foot powder, boot Odor Eaters - no aerosol bottles
    Paper, pens, postcards, envelopes
    Black Shoe Polish
    Feminine products. If your package is for a woman, address the package "Attn: For Female Soldier"

ENTERTAINMENT:

New DVDs, CDs & players
    Disposable Cameras
    Handheld electronic games
    Puzzle, Word Game & Crossword books
    Beanie Babies for the soldiers to give to kids
    Magazines, local papers, comics, paperbacks - mystery, action, drama, science fiction
    Games, Chess, Checkers, Dominoes, Parcheesi, Yahtze, Uno, Cribbage, Puzzles, Cards, Nerf toys
    Game Boys & games
    Baseballs, footballs, gloves, frisbees

MISCELLANEOUS

Holiday decorations
    Blank greeting cards
    Wrap around sunglasses
    Film (35 mm)
    Paper Towels, Windex, Laundry Detergent (travel size-powder or cubes(no liquid), Febreze
    Duct tape, Ziploc bags, Styrofoam cups
    Glasses wipes
    Clothespins, Clothesline
    Battery Operated Fans, Misty Mates

They will go out in about a week.

Let me know.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

A pro detailer stepped up and sent me a generous donation hat I can used to buy items with- THANK YOU
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Hi Joe,

Darn nice of you to make this happen, Lynn and I will put something together to help out and get it in the mail to you.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

...............or I can go get it!

Let me know, thanks!!!

Comment

Joe.. I have a ton of FHM and Maxim mags that I never even read. I got a couple of those freebie subscriptions but never have time to sit and read. Would those be ok?

Let me know buddy. Ill send them out to you tomorrow if its ok.
          ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
          561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
          --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
          --

Comment

Joe,

I'm more than happy to help you out.

Erika

Comment

I also have lots of Maxim and FHM magazines if you want them. Let me know!

Comment

I am sure any and all things would be appreciated.

THANK YOU

Funds can be paypal'ed to joe@superiorshine.com

again THANKS!

Comment

Joe, I would love to help out, seeing as how 2 of my closest friends are over there. But I am with a lack of funds right now. The only help I can give you are in my prayers, and Ill remember you in them. This is an awesome thing you are doing for the troops. God bless you.

Comment

Hey Joe,

I have a couple of things I can mail out to you. What's your address? Maybe you can PM or email it to me?

Thanks!
                    #21 - Synthetic Sealant For Sale!
                    Will ship internationally!
                    Check the 'For Sale' section.
                    Also selling #7 & Backing Plates

Comment

AWESOME!

I have opened up my PM. That is the best way to get my address.

The number of people that have responded has been less than I expected but the good news is that the ones that have are VERY VERY generous and the troops will get some really nice packages.

THANK YOU

Comment

Again thank you all for the donations.

Small set back, my grandmother has had a stroke back in Fla.

She is 94 and isn't expected to pull through.

She was born in Caney, Cuba in 1912 and legally immigrated to the USA with my grandfather in 1968. They were married in 1932 and had been married for 69 years before my grandfather passed in 2001 at 99 years old.

She is a wonderful, beautiful person not to mention her cooking!

I will be on an airplane to Miami 6am Sunday morning. I will be back July2 and will proceed with the goodie bags.

Thanks for understanding.
                        Last edited by Superior Shine; Jun 23, 2006, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Joe, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....be safe on your trip and God be with you..
                          Bill Poirier
                          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Great Project Joe! My wife and I have 2 adopt-a-soldiers in Iraq and send them goodie boxes 1-2 times a month.

I subscribe to a lot of car magazines and, after I finish reading them, throw them in a box. Then, I fill the box with snacks, baby wipes, etc.

The post office has a nice box (the dimensions are about the same as Hot Rod magazine) and you can stuff it full with a flat rate of $8.10 shipping. It usually takes 2 weeks for the packages to get to the Sand Pile, but everyone likes the stuff.

I was in the Army in the 60's and this helps some GI's that don't have a family to contact, etc...it's really appreciated!

You all can go to a web site called: www.operationac.com and click on the link for Adopt A Soldier.

My last message from these hard working folks said they have over 1,800 names of soldiers that would like to connect with someone here stateside.

Plus, tons of those fine folks are Car Crazy...what more do you need!

Totoland Mach
                            Card carrying Wax-aholic

Comment

Damn.. am I too late on this? I finally brought my stack of mags to work with me to send. Joe.. if Im not too late can you PM me your addy? Thanks.
                              ----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
                              561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
                              --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');